Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a wonderful show that Epperstang's Mustang club put on! The IMAFS weekend was a blast! This was the first MCA show that I have entered a car in, and I was pleasantly surprised to receive a 1st place for my Saleen! ::

Five cars from our local club went to the show, which was a little over 6 hours away (more for the two that towed cars). And all of us went home with an award!

Joyce and Mike Epperson (Epperstang) were the show chairpersons, and they did a great job. I complement their club in hosting this event. There was plenty to do, even things for the kids with RC car races. Next year this show will be a MCA National Show (August 12-15, 2004).

Twotoots2 also was there and helped out on show day. The only new VMFer that I met was Layne_Utah (a69Fcode).

Jeff Ford (editor of Muscle Mustang & Fast Fords and former editor of Mustang Monthly) was also present, and I got to meet him for the first time. Scary part was that he recognized my name from my Links web site! :eek: I also asked him why he no longer shows up here on the VMF. Guess too many people flamed him.

An official MM Pony Trails was run, and several pics were taken along with a great video of the whole weekends events. I also got Jeff to sign a nice picture of my Saleen on the Pony Trail pictured with a couple other Mustangs while cruising through the beautiful Wasatch Mountains!

I also raced against Joyce "Epperstang" in Pinkie in the 100 foot slow drags. I managed to beat her in my Saleen, but my time of 1:15 wasn't good enough to place (winning time was over 6 minutes).

Tom

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Sounds like a great time! I bet Pony Trails thru the mountains was a blast!

Tom, you don't realize just how famous you are! I'd bet that 95% of the "Mustang Internet Population" has been there one time or another!

I got to meet Jeff Ford, Donald Farr, and Jerry Heasly at Tulsa. Great guys - real car nuts who get to "do it" for a living! I would imagine job pressures keep them away from VMF some also - after all we would b&^%^& if our magazines were late because they spent all their time surfing VMF instead of writing! :: :: ::

·
Premium Member
19,169 Posts
Tom, you don't realize just how famous you are! I'd bet that 95% of the "Mustang Internet Population" has been there one time or another!
I gotta agree. I was shocked...shocked I say!...when I met you at the first Corn Feed. My Gawd...the internet Mustang God deemed to visit us lowly peons? It can't be! Yup, you're famous, but just a regular guy as well.

Don't let it go to your head, or you'll end up like me. :p

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Congrats on the win!! Now I see why you wouldn't let me drive the Saleen home...you needed it to haul your award back! :: :: What a neat show huh?!?!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts