Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we had perfect weather for our first ever MCA national in New England. Sturbridge Ma. was a perfect host. A total of about 270 cars registered, and showed by Saturday. Friday was a rainy day so most of us just stayed indoors. I was awake by 5AM on Saturday to get my car clean and ready for the judging which began at noon on Saturday. This was my first time entering my car in a judged national show..I was put into "Street Driven Occassional"..I think that was was "SD" meant..*LOL*..I was amazed that the judge actually spent about 30 minutes going over my car..I couldn't tell by his expression if he liked it or hated it..*LOL*, all I know is he kept writing like a madman. Well anyway come award time on Sunday..I received a 2nd place in my class..I was very surprised as I figured my first show would be a good learning experience and never expected to actually win anything, also keep in mind..I showed up with a crack in my windshield which appeared suddenly on Thursday..all in all it was a great weekend..I am glad I participated and I am doubly happy the MCA decided to put on a show in the North East. Several VMF'ers were at the show and I am sure everyone had a great weekend. Even the banquet on Saturday night was okay..well all except for some singer we had come in..*EEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOO*..she was so loud and screechy...the concours guys were taping up their glass to keep it from cracking..*LOL*

·
Registered
391 Posts
Congratulations, TeeBone. A Second Place trophy the first time out. I bet you learned a lot about the care as well.

Regarding it being the first MCA event in New England, I think Laurie once said that MCA only goes where they have a local club that invites them. Maybe there will be more opportunity in the future in you part of the country.

-BS

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I was so looking forward to making it up there, but family stuff got in the way (relatives baby shower). I'm glad to hear it went well. Hopefully we'll have one again next year and maybe my car will actually be ready by next year.

Slade

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Congrats Uncle Vinnie, Now the pressure is off and you can go back to engoying the car LOL

G

·
0 Posts
Vinny:

I told you that the car looked the best that I have ever seen it look! Congratulations! Do you know who took first place in your class?

Did that guy make you an offer on your car?

·
Administrator
19,500 Posts
Congratulations on a successful show and your award!

I think it's great that MCA is now starting to move the Nationals and Grand National around the country. But, the only way we can keep doing this is if an MCA Regional Club applies for a show. MCA doesn't assign shows.

The 2004 schedule is set, including our own Epperstang's Utah National in August 2004! We need applications for 2005 now--please send them in! I really want to go to a National in California in 2005 (hint, hint). ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts