Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to my grump-fest.

What a lousy few days at the beach. Drove down Wednesday, drove back Saturday. Total of 2 days on the road, 2 days at the beach. We were within walking distance of the beach, but after tearing up my toes on the gravel they call "sand," I spent the rest of my time at the pool (or limping to the trailer). And the AC on the car is going out (totally froze the line on the way down) so I had to baby it the whole way back. Add a few arguements with SWMBO and a screaming 3 month baby to the mix. Plus a lot of heat and humidity. Fireworks until midnight. Beer drinking mothers that let their kids do anything at the pool.

ARGHGHHGHGH!!!!!

Needless to say, I'm glad to be at work today. Guess that's how the whole vacation thing started. Give your employees a vacation where they discover that going to work is more relaxing.

Ug.

·
Registered
613 Posts
So, you weren't the one that said a bad day of vacation is better than a good day at work? Sorry it was so bad - SC is a long way to go for 2 days of beach....

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Neil, IIRC, didn't you go to Myrtle Beach during Mustang week? Wasn't that at least a consolation? Or am I thinking of someone else?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, what a laugh. Never made it there. Was planning on going Saturday to the show and meet some fellow VMFers, but wanted to get out of there so bad I was on the road by 8am. Feel bad for being a no show, but I just had to sky-out fast. I think I would have had a better time if we could have gone for the whole week, but alas, it wasn't possible. Now I'm looking forward to next year's trip. Now I know what to expect.

TK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts