Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it has been well over a year, maybe 2 by now that I have been in this forum. But the time has come to start finishing my project!

WOO HOO.

For the people that don’t remember me I have a 65' mustang fastback that I bought about 4 years ago. I have had MANY struggles and sacrifices to keep this car.

A little history:
I bought the car from a place called Phil Stallings classic cars here in Ohio. Drove the car around for about a month and put a new motor in and along with redoing the engine compartment. About 1 month after the motor was put in the rear frame rails started coming apart so I decided to start the restoration process in my step-dad's garage. This is when the long journey began. I stripped the whole car apart, and replaced all rotten metal. When I started the sand blasting phase I was notified by my mother that my Mom and Step-dad were getting a divorce and we had to be out in 30 days... Keep in mind I Just started blasting my car. So in 30 days I got the car stripped and primed with wheels back on. I was able to take the car to my then girlfriend’s parent’s house and work on it in the barn. I was there for a few months, then I had to move it to my grandparents, was there a few months, and then I found a warehouse to keep the car in. The car has been there almost 2 years, and I haven't seen the car in over a year (yes I know very sad) BUT the time has come that I get to pull the car back out from under the cover and start on it again.

My girlfriend’s father is an Early Ford Nut. He has always had vintage mustangs and such, he is currently building a 66 thunderbird restomod. Well to make a long story short he has a place for me to work on the car :D so here in the next month I will be able to start the fun process of finishing the body work and painting the car. So with everything I have been through to keep this car... I think it’s finally going to pay off. If all goes well I should have it running by this summer and driving by mid-late summer. And take the winter to finish the interior.

Sorry for the long rant, but it feels so good to be able to put time into this car again. It has sat there for so long, waiting for me :D

As you can tell I still need to update my signature, and I am updating my website now. More Pix and progress to come!!

Thanks all,
Jason

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Good luck!!! Think about what you can do to keep your girl friend's father happy. Does he need the basement cleaned, snow shoveled, ... :)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, even better, he needs help with his 66 thunderbird :)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So its been a bit, but car is coming out of storage this weekend. I am working on the car at Painters Lane. Its a DIY auto shop. Alot of restorations going on there. There is actually a 66' Mustang coupe I am helping out on in the shop now.

Check it out if any of you are local.
www.painterslane.com

Jason

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Welcome back. Looks like your on the right path. What a great concept that painters lane has. Seems like very reasonable rates, do they make any money off the place though?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah we are getting there. Slowly but it starting up. Company has been around maybe 6 months. We have about 25 - 30 cars a month come through for paint jobs, and around 5 - 8 projects going at once.

Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts