Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Been Stangless for a few years now. If you exclude my short stint with a '65 'Vert it has been about 6 years! Marriage, house, pay off debt...all took more of a priority!

I'm a sucker for 67 and 68 GT 390 coupes since my 1st one about 18 years ago was a '68 GT 390 coupe. I've come to be a big fan of the '67s. So when I saw a '67 GT 4spd 390 coupe come up for sale about 3 weeks ago I inquired. Has a 289 in it now but comes with a 390 somewhat apart. To my surprise (and to the sellers also) after ordering the Marti report I saw it was a special paint code car and then noticed Ski Country Special in the options! Cool!
I think it has spent most of its life in New Mexico and is very rust free.

It got on the car hauler today and should be here in GA Saturday. The hauler is putting down some miles over 2 days!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I love the 68 "Special" cars. Are you going to restore it back to original?

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love the 68 "Special" cars. Are you going to restore it back to original?
Eventually. I want to try to get a 390 back under the hood first. It isn't the correct Vail Blue anymore. I can probably find a correct ski rack but finding the Ski Country badges I think is gonna be tough!

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Look forward to you getting it home and running good. There is a guy online that had a few of the badges custom made and made a few extras. I can help you track them down.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
cool what do ski country badges look like ? Does it have normal tail lights / grill / headlights ? they had an original ski rack ?

looks like it would float with those inner tube tires lol ...just kidding man :)

·
Registered
812 Posts
cool what do ski country badges look like ? Does it have normal tail lights / grill / headlights ? they had an original ski rack ?

looks like it would float with those inner tube tires lol ...just kidding man :)
1967 Ski Country Special | Classic Mustangs Blog at AllStangs.com

I'd imagine rather hard to find but then again never had the need to go looking. EDIT: Nevermind, I see in the comments on there the OP has posted as well as someone talking about having made replicas of the badges.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1967 Ski Country Special | Classic Mustangs Blog at AllStangs.com

I'd imagine rather hard to find but then again never had the need to go looking. EDIT: Nevermind, I see in the comments on there the OP has posted as well as someone talking about having made replicas of the badges.
I was hoping that person would answer me and say they still have some badges left. No clue how old those posts are since it doesn't have a date/time stamp. I emailed the guy who said he had some made but have not heard back in about 2 weeks since I emailed.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Haha. Not 100% sure what the wheels are but I heard they are older. I'll have to decide what to do with the tires. Would like to put factory steel style wheels on it but don't want to drop a ton of $$ into it just yet...want to get it running (turns over the seller says but it doesn't spark) and enjoy it a bit.
Should be here tomorrow morning. The semi and 53' car hauler won't make the turns in my neighborhood so I think I'm renting a tow dolly to get it home from around the corner!

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
He's back! I guess I need to drive up your way and see it when you get it.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He's back! I guess I need to drive up your way and see it when you get it.
Any time Dave. Remember we're up in Cumming now.
I think there is actually a car show at the Fairgrounds tomorrow I may go over and check out. Car hauler is gonna be a little later now due to the drop off south of Atlanta being pushed back.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
The wheels are American Racing 200S. Back in the day, I think people referred to them as Daisy spokes ? Shoot me some pics when you get it home. Perhaps Jessi will let you park the Honda outside instead ?

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Perhaps Jessi will let you park the Honda outside instead ?
Haha...not gonna happen! We're trying to decide which bay the Stang will stay in so it is easier for her to maneuver in and out of the garage w/the 4Runner parked outside.
Still torn about if I'll build a detached shop at this house b/c I'm limited on the size I can build!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts