Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After about 2.5 months of keeping my 'new' wheels perfect on the convertible, some @sshole decides to turn right out of a left only turn lane, cuts me off, and to avoid and accident I hit the curb. So now I have about a 3" chunck of twisted and bent wheel. :: There goes $300+ down the drain. Brian, if I were you I might look at buying a replacement 454 just in case!

I had been thinking of replacing the rear wheels with 18x10's, so if I can locate a set for a decent price thats what I'll do. :) Anyone want a free curbed 18x9 Cobra R wheel?

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Bummer.

There's supposed to be a place in Ballard called Foster's that can repair wheels. Some people at work have used them with success.

You might want to see if it can be fixed.

Foster Wheel Service
4012 Leary Way NW
SEATTLE WA 98107 (206) 789-5353

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Keith! I'll give them a call, I am not sure if there is much they can do as the metal is actually bent and seperated... ::

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
You should have just hit him. Then his insurance would have paid for it. ::

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Ouch...that's what you get for running 40 series tires there "Bling Master". ::

Seriously...that sucks, sorry to hear that Britton. :(

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would rather replace a wheel than to have to replace a left fron fender, hood, and lower valence. ::

Ouch...that's what you get for running 40 series tires there "Bling Master". ::
Yes, thats what I get for having a very small sidewall. :(

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Sorry ta hear about the wheel....sucks!

Not to railroad the post but.....Keith hows your little setback coming? Have you chatted with Edelbrock yet?

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
I have a new set of ARP studs in my posession. The studs are longer than what the heads came with which should provide more thread engagement in the nut. I might get to work on it tonight. If not, it would probably be Sunday morning before I can work on it due to prior committments.

The loser warranty-boy at Edelbrock still hasn't called me back from three days ago. They have one guy for the whole company dealing with warranty issues. Sheesh.

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A nice brand spanking new wheel is on its way, should be here next tuesday or wednesday. They couldn't locate any 18x10's. ::

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
I do!
I just want it to test fit on an early car. I need to see where everything lines up.

I'm also looking for any 17's that have been similarly nailed. I'll take early or late model offsets.

I'll pick up!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts