Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided the go with the B303 cam. Big mistake. Sent my cam back for return yesterday. Never seen such garbage being sold. Today I went to install the rear main seal and it dropped in with no resistance at all. Both products are Ford Performance items. I don't care what people say about the "b" cam. I would stay far away from Ford Performance stuff. I can't wait the check the Ford Performance lifters I bought!

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
That does look pretty crappy for a new cam lobe. I wonder how it would get thru the qc part of the manufacturer and into a box for sale?? I to would expect better from ford racing---call them and rant and see what they have to say. Let us know!

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Yeah, that is pretty surprising.
We were a vendor back when it was called Ford Motorsport. I can't imagine quality like that going on for long with them.
They were VERY particular about what they expected to receive from vendors.

ex-Global West GM
1991-1995

·
Registered
9,033 Posts
Ford doesn't make those cams, they are purchased and my bet is they come in pre-boxed and ready to ship. That's a vendor QC issue and needs to be floated back up the supply chain with a proper NCR. Unfortunately, lots of companies don't bother with communicating issues back to their vendors, as it's just cheaper to file a debit memo and toss the part in the dumpster. Very difficult to correct an issue if you don't know there is one.

Always carefully inspect anything you buy; new, used, aftermarket or OEM as soon as you receive it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordered from Summit Racing. I have to admit I am happy how they took care of me. Refunded the cam and the rear seal. Left feedback with the pics. Going to get a trickflow cam. Hopefully the rest of my build will go smoother!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That does look pretty crappy for a new cam lobe. I wonder how it would get thru the qc part of the manufacturer and into a box for sale?? I to would expect better from ford racing---call them and rant and see what they have to say. Let us know!
It was made by a blind Chinese man and inspected by a blind Chinese man.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
So, no more hailing the almighty B cam? I returned some valve covers and a few other Ford Performance items when I did my engine(s) a few years ago. It was all subpar and from China, not the Apple iPhone China. The Ford Performance roller lifters are doing fine so far but I believe they were made somewhere in North America.

Don't know what your doing for a cam but I hear rumors that the major cam supplier to the aftermarket is having QC issues also. The 2 I bought from them 3 years ago are fine.

·
Registered
564 Posts
The one and only Ford Performance cam I bought (I think it was the X cam?? Definitely a “letter” cam) came in crooked. You could roll the thing on a table and it would wobble... sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
685 Posts
Ordered from Summit Racing. I have to admit I am happy how they took care of me. Refunded the cam and the rear seal. Left feedback with the pics. Going to get a trickflow cam. Hopefully the rest of my build will go smoother!
Summit is awesome for this very reason. Returns on less than stellar or damaged merchandise is always hassle free with them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts