Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some really bad news about an hour from this post I got in an accident What happen was some idiot pulled out in front of me on a red arrow he had I had a just turned yellow light. well all in all I turned and slamed on my brakes slid around and hit a pole on the right rear quarter. The guy just kept driving and left. Theres good news and bad news the bad news is my insurence probably won't pay for any. But the good news is I have the replacement panel that got smashed because it was rusted out anywhere. But I am still pissed of at that guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks John
65 Coupe I6
Inline Power

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
been in accidents like that...one time, this girl rear ended me, and i pulled into a gas station and just watched her drive off...i thought she was going to come back, but 10 minutes later, i thought wrong!!!! oh well, worse things can happen. cheer up!

College Station, TX

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Glad you're OK John....

Was there any damage besides that to your car?

Where I live, fleeing the scene of an accident is a felony and I would suggest that you file a police report to that effect, especially if there was property damage involved to others property...

I've seen ads in our local paper looking for witnesses to an accident on a certain date, possibly to obtain the identity of an offending party...

If it was just a bump to your car and you were going to repair and repaint anyway, I'd let it go...but, if others are involved....

Pat
http://www.jps.net/binay/webdocs/strtmstng002_sml.JPG

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I report it to the police. get the jerk arrested for leaving the scene of an accident

1968 Coupe, 6cyl Std, Bench Seat. Driven through 10 years of College.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been through that.
A guy rear-ended me so bad that his hood was snarling at me and steam was venting. I pull over, correct the bag full of Chinese food on the seat next to me and get out, and the guy dumps the clutch! Got the plate # dialed 911, and it was hot pursuit! I got cut off and lost the guy. The cops told me the address and that there probably was nothing I could do. I went there and the guy lied through his teeth. The plate was a dealer plate and the car was nowhere to be found. I was advised by the cops to keep my cool because I could end up in trouble over the thing.
So, what do you do? Lick your wounds I guess and get a concealed weapons permit?

It convinced me that law-abiding people are more on their own than they think.

http://usn.tripod.com/mustang.GIF

"Sometimes a man's life can depend on a mere scrap of information."-The man with no name

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sound like a situation where you see what your stang can really do by catching up to em.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you should have caught up with him and showed him real power! was it a chevy?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, 68GT390....you're one bad dude, but I hope you have managed to go back and relieve yourself in the guy's gas tank just to make yourself feel better. I know that would make me feel better.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
That's terrible. Glad you didn't get hurt. It's a shame, they give licenses to just about anyone.

Regards,

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

·
Registered
329 Posts
Man too bad. I had the same thing happen to me while stationed in Connecticut. i had a Triumph and he had a big 4x4. i don't think he even knew he hit me. i followed him for almost 10 miles before I stopped to call the cops. even though i gave them his plate number there was nothing that could be done. his word against mine yadda yadda yadda. the world is full of *******s.

66 Coupe
C Code
http://biology2.biosci.wayne.edu/dave/must/st54.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You always have the opportunity to sue these people in Civil Court. You're word against mine, true, but a good attorney will do the investigating, (or have me do the investigating, that's my job), you'll likely get some kind of out of court settlement.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bright side, your not hurt. Just patch her up, she's a tough cookie!!

65 coupe 302
(rebuilding a 351W)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts