Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Bad Taste?

960 views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  dale2007 
#1 ·
Is it bad taste to put the dual stripes (Le Mans?) on an I6 car? Beth was talking about paint colors (I know I'm a long way off) and she leans towards the stripe(s) I think a solid color would be more appropriate, although I do think they look cool...let me know what you think.

#4 ·
I always thought it pretension to put performance badging on an I6, unless you really have done something to enhance the motor. It's like the ricer owners who put "R" badging and graphics on their stock Hondas. Admittedly, the stripes are pretty. If your wife likes the stripes, maybe you can persuade her that the two of you need to spend the dollars to make the performance live up to the stripes!

#5 ·
If you want to stripe it stripe it and don't worry what others think.

Stripes do not add horsepower nor do they signify power.

I put pearl blue stripes on my buddy's 67 at his request.
I thought it was kinda cheesy until it was done. I think it speaks for itself.

http://home.comcast.net/~rataillon/images/PB190017.JPG

Some love it some hate it. What matters is what you want.

Sluggo

#8 ·
IMHO, this is more of a marital issue than a mustang issue. Like others, I'm sure, I've been thru this during the past year with SWMBO...like getting a change of mind AFTER I bought all trim for previously agreed to paint scheme. You folks bought this car to enjoy..together! Whether you spend $ for power or paint is up to you, not anybodyelses' idea of "good taste". If both of you like it, do it! If you differ, remember...stripes can always be added easier than they can be removed.

#9 ·
Live every day like it was your last and remember today is the first day of the rest of your life. If your wife wants the stripes put them on, what can it hurt. You can always take them off.
Al

#12 ·
+1 on the lemans stripes being played out.I own 6 and 8 cylinder Mustangs and like them equally that said,I'm more of a stock appearing kind of guy.I'd rather have a wolf in sheeps clothing(a discreet stock looking sleeper) Than the other way around.I feel if you're going to advertise you should be able to back it up (i.e. a healthy small block).That said it is your car so do as you like.

#15 ·
The guy that had it before I did put that scoop on. There are also shelby side scoops in the trunk. I think he had big plans for this car. Beth likes the scoop but the installation is not so good. I may be able to salvage it but I'm with you, this can be hers and I can get a v8 :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.