Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Open trackers-

This weekend's project is adding my new Street and Track strut rods and Baer tracker bump steer kit. The Baer kit suggests starting with the "medium" bushing, then taking the car to a shop that can set bumpsteer for final adjustment. Since that's not likely to happen soon (find that shop in New Hampshire, I dare ya!) I'll need to do it myself. Anybody got a similar set-up and a suggestion as to how much bushing worked best?

Stock control arms (for now), 1" drop, 600# 1" drop springs

Thanks

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Tom-
I've got the Baer kit also, with quite a few other mods(GW arms,etc). I have the 2nd thinnest space below the heim joint, and all the others above. 1966conv has the same Baer kit and is running a similar spacer stack.

If you have the springs OUT, it's fairly easy to set the bumpsteer yourself. Just check toe at static ride height, and in 1 inch increments for 3 inches either side of static height. You move the spacers until you have the least amount of change.

With the springs in, you can only check static height and lifted heights - should get you pretty close...

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Doing it with the springs out and a gauge (can be home made) is the best way. Quick and dirty way is to measure toe with the car lifted 2" (floor jack on crossmember) and the let car settle and re-measure. Adjust stack untill you get the least amount of toe change. Will take several cycles, and you can get to the pin with the tire on.

My car ended up needing about 1/2" stack to get it right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts