Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1966 GT 4spd
1,210 Posts
That'll buff right out!!

Chris

·
Registered
385 Posts
It's really just a speech to text error. Someone was using their iPhone to post it, as 3,000 pounds of scrap metal, and Siri thought they meant £3000 instead of 3000#.

No, wait. No engine. Given the amount of missing sheet metal, there's probably only about 500# left. And not £500, either. :)

Brits are a funny lot. I'll be over there for a couple of weeks next month, I'd buy this guy a pint just for his sense of humor. Or humour. Or whatever.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think I spotted a quarter sized piece of good sheet metal!....Never mind, I was wrong. :confused:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love how people selling a car that is a complete rusted wreck have the cheek to word it such that it is an easy fix and it will be worth so much money when it is done.

I just feel sorry for the person that buys this believing the seller's BS.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was going to say this is a parts car at best, But what parts? Maybe the stainless trim is okay if not mangled up. Maybe the glass is okay if not cracked or scratched. Some interior parts might be useable.

It pains me to see this car in such a terrible condition. It will donate a few parts to help some other cars and that will be about it I think.

·
Registered
64.5 Vert
101 Posts
That's about the price I paid for my 64.5 convertible. Mine had an engine and almost no rust. I got a pretty good deal, but I'm glad I didn't pay much more than that. Even with a solid frame and body, I've had to rebuild/ replace almost everything else just from age and sitting for 40 years. I'll come out ok on mine money wise, but I'm not going to make "retirement money" if I decided to sell it (don't hold your breath). That one would cost more to drag it home than it's worth.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I like how he minimizes the fact that all your getting is a 1968 title with the "for only 5K pounds more" line.

·
Registered
'66 Convertible 200/c4 Vintage Inline Headers with Arvinode Duals
187 Posts
And there is still cloth on the top!!!

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Good lord, even the bumper is rusted all the way through...that has to be a first.

·
I won a special award
8,078 Posts
You need a tetanus shot to even get near that car.

·
Premium Member
7,594 Posts
Is it weird that when I see cars like that, I kinda feel bad for them? I realize they are non-feeling inanimate objects, a machine, tool, or vehicle, but damn.
Poor car.

·
Registered
52 Posts
His welder must be exceptional: "My other Mustang in similar condition was welded up in just 3 weeks. "

·
Registered
1966 GT 4spd
1,210 Posts
The headlight doors line up!! That right there is the reason to buy lol. Seriously that car must have been sitting in a river.

Chris

1 - 20 of 26 Posts