Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up over the weekend. It was in a shipping container in a storage yard tucked under an interstate bridge. It's a '66, 6cyl automagic, pony interior still complete with the woodgrain wheel. It needs a total restoration, but all the 'vert parts are there- came with new fenders, floor pans, quarters, and misc trim. Needed another like a hole in the head, but couldn't pass it up! :pirate:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's it- it was the price that made me buy it! It was a 9 hour road trip, and I didn't even think twice. 2 similar just sold on Ebay in the $3K range that were standard interiors. Let's just say the extra parts were well worth what I paid for the whole car :wink:

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently an elderly man had a pile of cars and parts when he died. Most were sold off, but some were stored in containers, and in an old building that was a brewery back in the 1800's. There were underground caverns and tunnels leading to the river- the guy said they were full of cars, but it was so dark inside that my phone light could only see a few shiny spots. We were standing at a block wall that had been cut out, looking down into a large room underground. It was like the scene in National Treasure where they find the vault room. A little light revealed nothing, but then a huge light shows it all. Unfortunately I didn't have a huge light! lol

·
Dimples
4,123 Posts
That's it- it was the price that made me buy it! It was a 9 hour road trip, and I didn't even think twice. 2 similar just sold on Ebay in the $3K range that were standard interiors. Let's just say the extra parts were well worth what I paid for the whole car :wink:
Sweet. I knew you'd buy it right. Just curious. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Dark green metallic- and a pony interior- I bet that looked sharp when new! Whats the plans- resto or mod?

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no idea yet- I really don't have time for it, nor had I planned on snagging another project right now. I guess tuck it down in the barn with the rest of the projects- unless someone else needs 1 worse than me?! lol (kind of) ...

·
Registered
884 Posts
Apparently an elderly man had a pile of cars and parts when he died. Most were sold off, but some were stored in containers, and in an old building that was a brewery back in the 1800's. There were underground caverns and tunnels leading to the river
Just curious - was it in St Louis? That description matches a couple places downtown.

Sent from my LG-D631 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope- it was just outside of Joliet Illinois. A brewery in Missouri- really? lol

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
Sorry, I couldn't resist...

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts