Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow!!! Today was a blast... I am in Atlanta for Christmas visiting my parents and looking over ever fence for mustangs... Well I was talking to my uncle tonight about my fastback project when he tells me about a guy around the corner. We give him a call and he invites me over. This guy had 16 mustangs in a barn in different states of completion. We get to a 65 fastback "A" code that very complete and had some surface rust but nothing I could not fix... I asked him what would he take for the car and he said $4800.00 because it needs work... The pans are solid and the paint is sun-faded red. Before I left I got him down to $4500.00 and I will return in April to get the car from my uncles garage... Once we settle with payment my uncle is going to move the car so that will be next week... I gave the guy a check but I need to transfer funds and he was cool with that... Carrying that blank check served a purpose... I can't wait to get pics to post... The other cars are not for sale and the only reason I got the fastback is because the old man was friends with my uncle.... His son has a body shop and has been going down the line getting cars ready for sale... He has local people lined up for these cars.... My plans for this car is to go totally stock since I went resto-classic the first time.... ::

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
That is awesome. Merry Christmas!!!!!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Very cool. Have fun with it.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
AND THE PICS ARE WHERE!!! :shocked2:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope to have some pics in the next couple of days... With the all the excitement I forgot to take the digital with me...

·
Registered
396 Posts
I would be happy just to find barn :shocked2: :winkgrin:

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Looks Like Santa came a little early for you.Sounds like a good deal.Good luck with it.Of course I have to ask are any of the other cars for sale? I'm always on the lookout.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was hard to sleep last night!!! I am still excited and amazed that this guy had such a nice collection of cars just sitting there... I have past by his place for some 22 years and never knew what he was up to... This just goes to show, you cannot count anything out as a resource....

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
OK, now you California / Arizona guys have plenty of rust free cars in your backyard, how about let the southeast cars stay here for us!

Congrats, I'm just envious of your find. By the way where is this place, I live a little south of Atlanta myself...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I found the car in Albany GA... I was down visiting some family and the topic of mustangs always comes up when i am around... Today I saw a 71 Mach one that I am going to knock on the door and inquire about... I hate to see cars just going to waste....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts