Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brought my Vert back from "Gene the body guy". If you remember Larry, the original body guy, hurt his back and couldn't finish it. Gene did have to reshoot a couple panels from the paint screw up that the paint supplier did. :pissed: Yes, the gangster tires will be gone.
Anyhow, here tiz. We installed Mustang Steve's power brake conversion yesterday and prepared the engine for installation today. Patrick, my assistant, won't be back til Monday so I will be doing other minor stuff until he can help me stuff the 5.0 & AOD in there. My goal is to display it at Knotts. Hope to see you there. I will shoot more photos and list the good, bad and ugly as we go. OBTW, that's Dodge Intense Blue Pearl. ::http://webpages.charter.net/jrw642/BarnFind%20in%20Blue%20003.jpg http://webpages.charter.net/jrw642/BarnFind%20in%20Blue%20004.jpg

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Man, you are kicking ass on that car. Let's see, I've been building the '69 for, oh, almost 4 years. You've been building that car for what, six months? You make me sick!

*LOL*

That's an awesome color and it looks like it came out fantastic. Hope to see it at Knotts!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Nice!
I like the silver on the front suspension. What color brand/number is that?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Man, you've got a great eye for color; that blue is stunning! Engine bay looks great, too.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Like that color. Keep us posted on the 5.0 & AOD swap (or at least me). I am going to do the same thing with my '66 vert only my 5.0 will have a Vortech on it. Are you going to keep the injection (computer) etc.? My car needs paint also. Drop me an e-mail or pm sometime & let me know a little more about your painter. Good luck with the car.

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
Jim,
Keep up the good work. Car looks good. I am real jealous.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
it looks great jim :highfive:

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the kudos. We would have been finished by now except that Larry is 71 and some days didn't feel very energetic and then the paint mixup and then his back problem. Oh, well. :no:
WEEG, the silver is the color that the p/s came with when Stanger overhauled it. (www.stangerssite.com)
TJH, Yes I am keeping the EFI. The 2nd painter is Gene Garnica here in Hesperia, Ca. He works from home and is trying to retire from the custom car paint, body and restoration biz but I won't let him. (760) 956 7719

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Wow, what difference! Nice colour, MUCH better than what it was before!

·
Registered
466 Posts
looks great...which of those projects has top priority?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Top priority is the vert. The 72 El Camino belongs to Vince " the eye" Montez. He is putting it together to market it. Just started it up today. WOW! Got the hood on tonight. Not bad for an old man and a cripple in a wheel chair. I'd tell ya more but it's a Chebby. :: See what happens when you install a 4 post lift. :wall:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts