Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Barrett Jackson Scottsdale 2023

2927 Views 101 Replies 33 Participants Last post by  MidnightExpress
I went to BJ over the weekend and took tons of pictures. A noticeable theme for mustangs seemed to be the abundance of Mach 1 and Boss cars. Figured I start a thread where people can post some of the cooler mustangs they saw.

I'll start with Ken Miles Shelby-
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Font Material property Electric blue Label Pattern

And some Boss 9s-
Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Carrol Shelly's Black Hornet -
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Motor vehicle Font Handwriting Hood Rectangle

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood

Attachments

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

· Registered
211 Posts
Great post.
Do you happen to know what any of those cars sold for?
thanks.

· Registered
1966 289 3-speed
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Barrett Jackson is going all week through Sunday. I don't think any of these have rolled across auction yet. Usually the big money cars go Friday and Saturday. You can watch on the website or YouTube.

· Registered
1966 289 3-speed
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

· Registered
130 Posts
Did you happen to get a look at the bright gold B302 with the spectrum interior? I am debating registering for that car, have had someone look at it but wanted to see if anyone else has viewed it in person.

· Registered
1966 Ford Mustang Coupe 289
41 Posts
Nice pics was there on Sunday. Was a little disappointed to not have seen more 65 and 66 coupes. The boss and fastback cars I was never really a fan of. The paint job on most of them sure are pretty though. Good motivators for how I want my project to end up looking like.

· Registered
1966 289 3-speed
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

· July 2022 ROTM Winner
65 A code rattle box
685 Posts
Seeing as the first Shelby Mustang to ever win a race was sold in 2020 for 3.75 million, I am curious how much a car of the same spec that was never raced by Ken would do at auction. Being that it was never raced by Ken and is a hard top not a 2+2. But still, the fact that it was a group 2 car built in 66' that was seemingly benched would still garner good money. Any wagers?

· Registered
1966 289 3-speed
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Seeing as the first Shelby Mustang to ever win a race was sold in 2020 for 3.75 million, I am curious how much a car of the same spec that was never raced would do at auction. Being that it was never raced and is a hard top not a 2+2. But still, the fact that it was a group 2 car built in 66' that was seemingly benched would still garner good money. Any wagers?
It was raced quite a bit.

· Registered
130 Posts
Oh yeah...I remember those custom seats. Is that a custom color too? Doesn't look like champagne gold to me.
That's actually an original spectrum insert interior - I've always been a fan but they're somewhat difficult to source. The color should be bright gold and not a champagne color (or at least isn't supposed to be). Any thoughts on the restoration or quality of the car?

1 - 20 of 102 Posts