Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see the very end when they usually do the week long wrap up?
Asking "what cars/trucks hot or not" ??

Resto's hot or restored stocks??

Wondering what the trends are.

·
Registered
531 Posts
"Let's take a look at this 50's restomod....Well hidden under this custom fabricated engine cover sits an LS engine with 500 hp"
These car auctions bore me to tears.

·
Administrator
12,999 Posts
Did anyone see the red '68 FB that went for $35K? That has to be the steal of the show.
Stan

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Let's take a look at this 50's restomod....Well hidden under this custom fabricated engine cover sits an LS engine with 500 hp"
These car auctions bore me to tears.
It's ok you don't wanna sit thru it. Not for everyone. But sure is nice to appreciate the rare cars, the craftsmanship on some, the old nicely restored pick-ups.
It's ok...

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
I for one could not believe the prices that some Foxes were pulling!!

·
Super Moderator
8,728 Posts
Some of the high dollar fox bodies and an-95 cars as well as one 85 SVO were extremely low miles, like single digits. Some had never been through dealer prep. Also, they were supposedly owned by Dennis of GMG, Richard's buddy. I'm not sure why that would add value. That also could have been a shill. Who knows???

·
Registered
705 Posts
...I was more interested in some of the misinformation that the commentators were pushing; perhaps slips of the tongue on live broadcasts, but I distinctly heard these:

While talking over a '67 gt 350
...and of course, 1967 was a big year for the Mustang as it was the last manufacturing year for the Shelbys
Perhaps she meant to say that 1967 was the last year the Shelbys were manufactured in L.A. But that is not what she said.

(while talking over a 1967 427 Windsor stroker red E-Clone)
...and of course, this beautiful 1967 fastback originally came with a 351 Windsor that has been stroked to a whopping four hundred twenty seven cubic inches.
I'm paraphrasing that. I'd have to check the tapes, but I distinctly remember them referring to a '67 having a 351w off the assembly line

·
Registered
294 Posts
(while talking over a 1967 427 Windsor stroker red E-Clone)

I'm paraphrasing that. I'd have to check the tapes, but I distinctly remember them referring to a '67 having a 351w off the assembly line

Yea, I heard that one, made me laugh. I do wonder though, with all the inaccurate factoids they spew about Fords, how much of the stuff they talk about GM and Dodge/Chrysler is really accurate?

One of the things I have not heard in some time that was very common was for them to say a Super Cobra Jet had more horsepower than a regular Cobra Jet...... Also that a 428 was a solid lifter motor......

·
Registered
294 Posts
Did anyone see this car up close? Lot # 1602, '66 GT convertible, hammers at $50k

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1966-FORD-MUSTANG-CONVERTIBLE-201448

Just curious as to its 'real' condition.

Don't remember that car in particular. I have not gone to the auction for a few years now so it was interesting to go this year. One thing I can tell you is this. Many/most/a bunch of these cars rave about the frame off (as if), ground up, nut and bolt, choose your description restoration the car just underwent. I can tell you that other than the cars in the big tent most have never received any such treatment. Lipstick and make up on most that looks very good on TV under the no doubt highly orchestrated lighting...Can't believe some of the numbers I saw the cars bringing. As a seller, maybe it is worth the fees they charge if they can get the high hammer price. I sold my 69' S code Mach 1 there in 1996 and it is a completely different ball game now.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Don't remember that car in particular. I have not gone to the auction for a few years now so it was interesting to go this year. One thing I can tell you is this. Many/most/a bunch of these cars rave about the frame off (as if), ground up, nut and bolt, choose your description restoration the car just underwent. I can tell you that other than the cars in the big tent most have never received any such treatment. Lipstick and make up on most that looks very good on TV under the no doubt highly orchestrated lighting...Can't believe some of the numbers I saw the cars bringing. As a seller, maybe it is worth the fees they charge if they can get the high hammer price. I sold my 69' S code Mach 1 there in 1996 and it is a completely different ball game now.
Oh, oh!! (you reminded me of another one)
They mentioned the "frame off restoration" of a Mustang (been long enough now, I dont recall any specifics) and at first, I thought it was just their use of the term to mean "full, extensive restoration" but then they went into explaining the restoration process it underwent as if it was not a unibody.

I yelled at my tv at that one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts