Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not trying to stir up trouble, I was just wondering about the basis of the tagline. This was my first year at Roundup. I participated in Pony Trails and went Sunday to the show.

I've been to Fabulous Fords at Knotts Berry Farm in So. Cal. I think it easily has more Mustangs than what was at Roundup on Sunday. If anyone disagrees, maybe we can ask on the main forum if anyone knows the count of Mustangs there on average.

Does the tagline refer to the total number of Mustangs over the 4 days of events maybe? Or Roundup related events throughout the year in other states?

Kevin

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Supposedly, Roundup has the most Mustangs. Not classic Mustangs, but Mustangs in general.

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
I've often wondered the same thing. MNW calls it that...but, does anybody else? Any MCA folks here that may really know?

You'd think that a state like Cali wound blow us out of the water just by population density alone. ::

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
From the Knotts FFF web site: "The 18th Annual “Fabulous Fords Forever!” features approximately 2,000 Ford cars and trucks of all years ...". Now that's ALL fords of all years. I was at the Knotts show the year before last, and I'd estimate that maybe 30% to 40% of the cars there were Mustangs. That's something under 1000 Mustangs. I haven't heard the final tally on how many Stangs were at the Sunday round-up show, but typically it's something over 1000. Bottom line: I think Round-up legitimately holds the title, but it's close!

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
I sent a PM to Laure_S to see if she has any insight...it would be interesting to hear an MCA take on this claim.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe the way the cars are lined up at Fabulous Fords makes it seem like they have more. I remember walking a row of each year and model of Mustang, a row of 65 coupes, a row of 65 fastbacks, a row of 65 convertibles, a row of 66 coupes, a row of 66 fastbacks and so on.

I took about 250 pictures of every vintage Mustang at Roundup on Sunday. I'm sure a few more filtered in afterwards. If you figure 300 vintage Mustangs and I thought I covered maybe a third or so of the display area to get the pictures, that would put the total around 900 or so. Subtract out the non-Mustangs and yes, it would appear to be almost to close to call.

·
Administrator
19,546 Posts
I figured I might as well post here and save a step. :) Yes, as far as I know, the Washington show legitimately holds the record for the most Mustangs at an annual event. The 35th Anniversary show, of course, had almost 6,000 Mustangs, but that's a special case. Hopefully, the 40th Anniversary show next April in Nashville will be even bigger.

The MCA portion of the Washington show is not big--it's the second day of the show when 1,000+ Mustangs come in that's huge.

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
I think Debbie posted the final count as "1197" including the judged cars for Sunday...

·
Registered
375 Posts
I think Debbie posted the final count as "1197" including the judged cars for Sunday...
well gee, next year I'll have to go, then britton can bring his other 2 cars and we'll officially make 1200 ::

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.