Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it better to have the battery in front or in the trunk?

·
Supporting Vendor
3,961 Posts
I have my batt. and starter sol. in the trunk. I never thought it was a good
idea to have the fat cable going to the front hot all the time. Mine is hot only
when the starter is hit. I ran two small wires to work the sol. and one
thicker gauge wire to use as a acc. wire witch has a fuse link. Really cleans up the
engine compartment. We put the batt. and sol. in my wifes Ranchero under the shock
plate in the bed. You can't find it anywhere if you look for it. A totally de-wired engine
compartment really looks good and doesn't cost much.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Racers and road course guys will sing praises of trunk mounted batteries. As an Old Fart with leanings towards the purist look, I vote for original mounting sites. Just replace that grungy battery tray.

"When you hear pounding hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras." - Dr. Harold Slavkin, Dean USCSD

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
What year is your wife's Ranchero? I'm heading out now to look at mine to do just that. Thanks for the clue.*G*

'67 A-Code Coupe
'68 C-Code Coupe (SWMBO's)
'86 SVO 1D
'86 SVO 2A
[email][email protected] [/Email]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
john....your setup looks the good to me ...will try to put that arrangment in my utility ( ranchero) thank you for the details. Larry....'78 falcon utility 302c....4 speed...(work truck)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well in the aspect of trying to keep it all original (i don't know if thats what you want to do) i stay with it in the front.

Eagle Scout Troop 510
Bonney Lake, Wa
10-25-00

1 - 6 of 6 Posts