Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this battery tray kit:

But I just got a new battery that's about 1 1/2 inches taller than the one that was in there. Is it possible to get new 'j' posts for that tray? Does anybody know of how I can fit the new battery in?
(specifically longer ones of these:
Font Tool Musical instrument accessory Office supplies Parallel

Thanks

·
Registered
559 Posts
I have this battery tray kit:

But I just got a new battery that's about 1 1/2 inches taller than the one that was in there. Is it possible to get new 'j' posts for that tray? Does anybody know of how I can fit the new battery in?
(specifically longer ones of these:
View attachment 825627

Thanks
You could get a threaded sleeve that screws onto the post and put a threaded post on the other end. That would extend the height but would look a little bulky.

Font Auto part Titanium Magenta Transparency

·
Registered
40,960 Posts
You can get J-hooks that are beaucoup long.

Or, if you want to "cheat", get a small ratchet tie down, run from one side to the other, over the top, and cut off the excess.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
If you don't see anything at your local hardware store NPD has some longer ones:

You just need to expand your search parameters beyond what's listed for 60s Mustangs.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you don't see anything at your local hardware store NPD has some longer ones:

You just need to expand your search parameters beyond what's listed for 60s Mustangs.
Good idea, this is a bit long, but I'll keep looking around

·
Premium Member
6,672 Posts
I bought this kit and have been planning to cut the length of them down a bit. How tall is your new battery?

Battery Hold Down Kit Mustang 1967-1970

View attachment 825884

I just purchased a new battery spring of 2021 and had to add threads to the hold downs to secure the battery because it was shorter. I'm curious on the group size of the discussion starters battery? My 65 has been adapted to the 67 battery tray.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Gas Automotive exterior

Electrical tape on the positive terminal is necessary to run in Porsche club autocrosses.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts