Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone,

Can anybody steer me in the right direction to find a maintenance free group 24F battery for my 65 fastbk w/289? I've tried the search feature and have had no luck in locating a group 24F battery that has the correct lock down tabs, and reversed terminals. I have checked out Autozone, Pep Boys, Sears, WalMart, Interstate Batteries and Murrays Auto to no avail. I went ahead and purchased a AutoLite repro battery from NPD to use for shows, but I don't want to use it for daily use. Can anyone help? I am in the Detroit area.

Fstbk65
Joe Jarczewski

·
Registered
10,460 Posts
It should not be a problem getting one. I know Canadian Tire sells them so I would have thought the US auto parts stores sell them

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Our Sam's Club has them. Do they have Sam's Clubs in Detroit?

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
If a Sams club has them so would Wal Mart.

·
1,215 Posts
I just bought a 24F battery with the correct post's and the hold down piece
moulded into the side. I got it at NAPA..Legend brand model 75 something.

I think the holddown for the '65 is the same as my '66

Later,
=)

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Not a help with your battery, but "wherefore" means why, not where. Juliet is NOT asking where Romeo is, but rather why he must be a member of a rival family.

Steve

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
You've got your work cut out for you correcting grammar and spelling on this forum. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
i bought " Everstsrt" 24 F at Walmart for $30 with 550 CCAs and same guarantee as Motorcraft at $72. Consumer Reports gave them a favorable rating couple years ago when a battery survey was done on VMF. had in in for 2 yrs and ooperate it in Buffalo, NY environment withstart-up every 3 weeks or so at low temperatures usually at 30 deg but on ocasion 5 to 10 deg.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts