Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gang, I was looking at the Be Cool aluminum radiator kit with electric fan, part # 82159. It says its a direct fit for the 66 mustang, however, the water inlet is on the driver side, my inlet and outlet on my current radiator are both on the passenger side. Doesent sound like a direct fit to me. Is there a work around to this problem? Anyone run into this before?The Be Cool guys said they "think" that there was a differnt t-stat housing to use on the 289's, that would allow a hose of the right length to reach over and connect, anyone know which one would do that? Thanks for any input.

G

·
0 Posts
Be Cool Rad #62159 has a passenger side water outlet
Rad # 62020 has a drivers side water outlet
I see no reference to inlet placement, I do not recall ever seeing a Mustang rad with a drivers side inlet,maybe he was confused

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help! Well, I finally got some info from the guy at Be Cool, he says that the 62020 is a perfect dirct fit for the 66 mustang with V8, both of the water inlet and outlet are on the passenger side. So no madifications are nessesary. I am not sure though if its worth the $600+ bucks for this unit. A guarentee of a 20 degree drop in temp sounds tempting though with my car running at 230-235 out here in Arizona with the A/C on. I'm going to do somemore research and see what else is avalable. Thanks again! James.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts