Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just lost what little faith I had left in human kind. My '66 was hit 3 times in my work parking lot within the first 6 months of being painted. Ever since the 3rd one, my car takes up 2 spaces in the last row, and everyone pretty much expects it will now. This is because the office complex I'm in shares the building with several other firms, 2 of wich are construction companies that have work trucks in and out all day, driven by idiots that could care less what their truck looks like, let alone the '66 Mustang they just hit during a feeble attempt at parking.

So my car is sitting there, with the white stripe going straight down the center of the car. I look out my office window to see a work truck pull in, and park RIGHT NEXT TO ME! Yup, his piece of crap work truck has the center line running down the center of his, too, putting him into one of the spaces my car is ocuppying. There were at least 10 empty spaces, one of which is in the front row of the lot.

Why are people so damned stupid? It seems to me that you would have to actually PRACTICE to be THIS dumb! I've seen smarter bricks!

Ok, rant off ::

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
I know there are a lot of people out there that if they see a car parked taking up 2 spots intentionally pull in right next them.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I always thought that some people really hate Fords and are jealous, but more than likely, just stupid.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
The scariest part of all of that is that those toads are paid the same (or more) per hour as a professionals (Engineer, etc). I find a large # of construction workers have disrespect for property, period. Including their own.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I agree with Dodgestang, they do that here at my company also just out of spite, they figure your the butt and that you have no right to take up two places weather there are a hundred extra parking spaces or not. I personally think you draw to much attention when you take double spaces. When I bring the Mach to work I take one space like everybody else, but I park where one of the fifty cameras have the best view, and when I walk in the building I tell the guard that lunch is on me today. ::

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
I always park on the end of a row where there is a curb and a tree to protect the one side. And practically drag the tires down the curb to get it as close to curb as possible.

·
Registered
645 Posts
ah, parking lot politics... I usually won't park in a public lot unless I can snug my car right up to a planter, so that theres much more space on the other side of my car for the careless bastards who ding/dent doors.

I would be afraid to take up two spaces.. cuz then u get those people with the attitude "who does this guy think he is" ... "I'll show him."

One time I was driving my Mom's car to work (probably workin on the stang at the time), and this dude in a utility truck with a Government plate, pulls right in next to her car... I'm walking out as he's doing this, and I hear a screeeeeech. Thought this was strange. So, I unlock and open the door and the damn door moulding falls off on the ground. This guy has it in reverse and is trying to split.. so I confront him, and he denies it.

I got his truck info and followed up with the city. They had an "invesigator" come out. Since I didn't know exactly what piece on his truck caused my moulding to fall off (I guessed his bumper, but it was his tire/wheel lugs) they "determined" he was not at fault.

It's funny that they didn't pick up on the simple fact: Who the hell pulls into a parking space to put the vehicle in park, then put it in reverse and back out right away. He knew he did it, I knew he did it... but at least he got away with it. It's like dealing with children... I can see why you're mad... :: ::

ok.... end of my rant! ::

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Things like this makes me pop in the old Jimmy Buffett song @sshole. It's a classic, hard to find though. I think it was only done live.
"You were an @sshole yesterday, an you're an @sshole tonight. And I got a feeling you'll be an @sshole the rest of your life." ::

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
One of the biggest "perks" of my new job is my view of the parking lot from my office and I am one of the first folks here everyday because I workout before work.

However, when I bring any of the cars (I usually drive my truck) to the office EVERYBODY watches it (the receptionist can see it from her desk and folks drop by all day asking if I'll go out to lunch with them).

I tend to think that unlike all the cookie cutter cars out there, a person would actually see and be aware of a gorgeous classic, but then, my bright red parked coupe got hit by a F-150.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Yes, It's times like this I would love to own a sherman tank and use it for a demolition derby !
I hate it when people have absolutly no respect for any one or anything !
When I park in a public parking lot I find the farest space from any thing and thats where I park and sure enough there will be some other IDIOT who has the whole parking lot and has to park next to my car !
I some time/s wonder if they know the owner of the classic next to them would not ever be stupid enough to dent there's so they feel safer there.

Gary

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
That doesn't work in California. Did that with my Camaro years ago..( iknow, so what, a camaro) and the idiots STILL got the front fender!

John, your post just confirmed my opinion. Stupidity should be painful.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Yeah, I decided long ago that at least half the population is brain dead, but you get surprised once in awhile. My wife and I were parking the FB to go into a restaurant and eat. Restaurant was located on the edge of a Mall parking lot, so I parked way out to where there literally wasn't another car within 100'+ of the Mustang. As we got out of the car, a SUV pulled up next to it on the passenger side. This irritated me, and I was getting ready to get back in and move my car. The young man driving the SUV rolled his window down and said smiling, "I'll protect this side of your car." That was good enough for me. I always figured that fellow may have had a car at home he was proud of too.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I tend to think that unlike all the cookie cutter cars out there, a person would actually see and be aware of a gorgeous classic
I agree ... what BONE HEADS! All 3 times my car got hit, I was in a corner space with the tires 1/2" away from the curb ... and they STILL hit it *LOL*.

I guess it's going to have to be like Kent says and park diagnol. All the people that actually work in this building know me and my car and not only respect it, but expect that it will have 2 spaces (I've been in this office for 7 years and the car's been my daily driver for 5 of them). It's the bone head contractors that are always in and out of here that's the problem.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
two answers 1 take your tire iron and oh thei :: ::r i go again sorry
anyway there a product called gorrilla glue take and fill the treads of 1 tire on 1 side and let dry and for months hell wonders why theres a shck in his car OH THERE I GO AGAIN!!
i guess anger managment isent working SORRY!!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
I find a large # of construction workers have disrespect for property, period. Including their own. [/quote]

i hope your not including me !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Have a friend who's Dad has an old Galaxy, 62, 63 not sure of the year. His son told me the following story.

The Dad parked the Galaxy, and ran in a store, as he was comming back a small import parks beside him and the driver side door opens and slams his door, chipping his paint. He confronted the woman asking for insurance information. She refused saying "Parking lot dings are to be expected. Insurance doesn't cover it and neither do I" Really snotty attitude. He tried again, threatened to call the cops.

She started to walk away. He got in the passenger side of his car, sat down, closed the door. Then he opened the door as hard as he could. Nailed her door. MAJOR crease was created. She went Ballistic, demanding insurance, threatening to sue, etc. He smiled and said "Parking lot dings are to be expected. Insurance doesn't cover it and neither do I". And drove away.

SprintCC

·
4,128 Posts
I never split the lines, always park on the diagonal as far in the boonies as possible. That is when I used to drive my Mustang. At my college parking lot I could not use 2 spaces, I did the next to the curb at the end thing.

But now to my RANT, when it comes to shopping centers why can't people take 30 seconds out of their lives and put shopping carts away. They have those special spots or cages just for the carts. But No they have to leave them where they last used them. That's it I'm getting off of my soapbox now or I will fill a whole page with my rant. fd

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'd give ya a lift john, but im afraid the ole' tansporter beam is outa comission right now. :: Just keep in mind that, in general, people are stupid (VMFer's not included).

·
Registered
437 Posts
To all of you that say construction workers a dumb, inconsiderate, and dont care about they're property or that of others, you are dead wrong. I agree that some are inconsiderate a-holes. But to say that the majority dont give a $hit is wrong. My dad has been in the construction business his whole life, doing HVAC-R work on new houses. This year, being 15 now, I had the opprotunity to work with him, and all but one guy that I met on the jobsites (framers, contracters, masons) were stand up guys. Just becuase construction isnt the most glamours job doesnt mean that the guys who work in that field arent nice guys. Ok, im done.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts