Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I accidently hooked up a coolant hose to a vacum hose on an intake and ran it for only a few mins when i found out what i did i changed my oil there was some coolant in it, i have changed my oil 4 times since then and i haven't found any coolant in the oil since that first time. A friend of mine said i'll have to get my engine totally rebuilt he said the coolant ruined my bearings probably and my heads are probably worped and i probably blew a head gasket. Does that sound right that i need to rebuilt my engine for having coolant in my engine for only a few minutes? Is there any way i can find out if i have bad bearings without tearing apart the hole engine?
thanks
john

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Listen to it run. Do you hear anything knocking or is it smoking? If not, don't worry about it until it starts doing something that it wasn't doing before you made the boo-boo.
People run their engines sometimes for a long time with a blown head gasket. Coolent get into the oil then. I had a Modulator Valve on my tranmission go bad once & it put transmission fluid into my engine. Smoked like Hell for a few minutes! Replaced the valve & changed the oil & filter & everything was fine. Engine is still running strong.
I hearby nominate you for the Doofus Award Of The Week :) :) Just kiddin'.

Lancaster, South Carolina
66 Coupe, 302, Auto, 3.25 gears. [color:red]Candyapple Red</font color=red> with White Pearl Stripes. Cragars.
http://web.infoave.net/~ronniek

·
Banned
3,730 Posts
I agree, don't panic, tell your friend to go polish his porsche, VW or whatever....

Jeff
Member: Flatheads ain't so bad association
Never trust an over 40 Chevy owner association (They have to cheat to win)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It doesn't seem to be a big deal. If it isn't knocking, don't worry about it. You changed the oil a few times since, so you should be o.k.
Does your "friend" own or work in a machine shop, by chance?(L)

Was Bob Emmerich on old forum

1 - 4 of 4 Posts