Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
sure wasn't me. My cars were never the fastest as a kid. And keeping them on the track was often a challenge. Fun days though. They are still out in the garage somewhere.

Also, based on the picture of the car in this ad, It was a bit before my slot car days.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
^^What a great read...and those guys are from the city I was born in!!

John

Reactions: 2nd 66

·
Registered
8 Posts
Family dealership had all the trophies laid out in the showroom each year before the contest. I just knew I would get one, but alas, never did. (I pretty much sucked at sports.)

K

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
On a slightly different note...do you remember Ford's "Punt, Pass and Kick" football contest. I did it in the 60's and came home with first place for my age group. Got a really nice jacket...still have it! Like this one.
Punt, pass, kick.... I was just good at running into people and knocking them down.

Couldn't hit a baseball if my life depended on it.

Basketball? I was more the hockey goon on the court.

Reactions: Husky44

·
Registered
67 vert, 347 EFI, T5
1,092 Posts
Punt, pass, kick.... I was just good at running into people and knocking them down.

Couldn't hit a baseball if my life depended on it.

Basketball? I was more the hockey goon on the court.
Same. Always pissed me off that they, so deliberately excluded linemen. Or at least didn't make it PPK against an unblocked rusher. ☠

Have you ever seen video of Andy Reid doing PPK? It looks really unfair. 🤣 I guess some big guys had fine motor skills too.

On topic, I never saw this IRL, but had mixed feelings about slot car racing. I wanted to love it, but ended up playing games to see how bad I could crash, since I couldn't keep the car on the, track in the turns.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This ad was well before my time, but I've raced slot cars at commercial raceways since childhood. It's strange to me that it's not more popular with automotive enthusiasts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts