Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone - I am a recently retired mechanical engineer who has been working on classic Mustangs since 1984 or so. The first car I every drove (third that I owned) is my 1966 Mustang GT convertible - I has been with me through every significant moment in my life - first girlfriend, marriage, birth of children, etc. I love that car! Now that I have retired, I am planning my epic restomod project with the car and realized that - like most things in life - I won't be able to go it alone. I am really looking forward to learning lots of good information from the forum.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Welcome to VMF !! I'm in the beginning stages of planning a retirement and wonder how long I will be able to resist refreshing my 289 when and IF I have a little time on my hands. I know I still want it to look stock under the hood but to still command a little respect from those new to the game.... (insert wicked laugh here).

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all of the compliments - I do love that car. Plans include Roadster Shop SPEC chassis, Gen 3 Coyote, T56 6 speed, 3.73 rear end, 3 point shoulder harnesses, custom dash and console, new paint, tucked bumpers, etc. Will be doing most of the work myself with outsourcing for final body/paint, upholstery and a few other items. I am in process of renovating my shop - should be done by end of Feb to mid March - then the build will begin. I have been planning all of this for more than a year and can't wait to get started in earnest!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts