Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Dimples
7,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do NOT like flames on cars. However, that car looks so badass. Very well done.
Personal question. Feel free to tell me to eff off. How much did you pay for that fastback in 1996?
You have no idea how many times I’ve heard from folks that hate flames, but don’t mind them on my car.:LOL:

I’m cool with it either way. I built it for myself and I like it. Plus, most of my hot rod buddies are into pre-64 cars, so I wanted some old school silliness so my “new” Mustang didn’t look out of place.

I paid $5,500 for it back in the day. Running and driving with its single pot drums, 2bbl and C4.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That's the thing though the OLD hot rods can look super cool with flames. Newer cars, not so much. Your car though, hell yes.

$5,500 running and driving... That's just crazy to me.
I was looking at fastbacks about two years ago when I bought my coupe. Let's just say it was a VERY short search.
You want HOW MUCH for that nasty old rusted shell that used to be a fastback?!!! .......
Wonder how much the coupes are?
$2800 for a 67 coupe WITH a 5.0 h.o. ,a t5 tranny, and all the glass and the seats and with no rust? Welp. Coupe it is...

·
Dimples
7,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's the thing though the OLD hot rods can look super cool with flames. Newer cars, not so much. Your car though, hell yes.

$5,500 running and driving... That's just crazy to me.
I was looking at fastbacks about two years ago when I bought my coupe. Let's just say it was a VERY short search.
You want HOW MUCH for that nasty old rusted shell that used to be a fastback?!!! .......
Wonder how much the coupes are?
$2800 for a 67 coupe WITH a 5.0 h.o. ,a t5 tranny, and all the glass and the seats and with no rust? Welp. Coupe it is...
Yeah, and Fastback prices started getting stoopid pretty soon after that acquisition. I figure the market doubled around 99/2000 and has only gone up from there. I’ve often thought about how lucky my timing was because I couldn’t afford to buy my car now.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
I bought he car fall of 2014 for the wife to replace the 1967 she drove for 10 years that we had to sell because of "life". She never warmed up to it as a replacement so I had to do something with it.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

First autocross in 2018 on 20 year old whitewalls.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Car Wheel Plant Vehicle

Spring 2021. Sorry wrong picture!

Vehicle Car Wheel Tire Hood

Last autocross of 2021. Not much left from 2014 on the car that moves in any way other than the heater motor that I need for days like this.

·
I won a special award
8,784 Posts
All I've got is before and during pictures. My hope is to have it back on the road this year.

When I brought it home December 2008.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

2 months later
Tire Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

March 2010
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

January 2021
Motor vehicle Wood Automotive exterior Automotive tire Composite material

Current
Vehicle Hood Car Automotive lighting Tire

Future
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

·
Premium Member
5,975 Posts
My 67 after college graduation at the beach 1980...all in primer gray. (when I had hair)
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Smile

2006 (after many years, over 300K miles and two paint jobs)
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

1 - 20 of 92 Posts