Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got up this morning and drove to SLO and picked up my 9 inch from Vintage mustangs. I got new bearings and I had Mike install the Mustang Steve brackets to run the cobra brakes in the rear. Got the rearend home and in place.

I was lying under the car looking at my new exhaust etc and it dawned on me that I needed to paint the under carriage with some zero rust to match up with the red oxide I did on the front half of the car. I just cannot let it go... I am so anal and this is just my daily driver fastback...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Just be glad your not doing a concours restoration! OMG I can't imagine having to go through that. "Excuse me sir, did you not realize the criss cross pattern on that phillips head screw is not aligned to the factory position?"

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,007 Posts
Yeah, I can relate about the anal part. Got caught in a little unexpected shower when out with the Stang yesterday. I washed it as soon as I got home, and then this afternoon I was under the car, washing and wiping off the floorboards, axle, diff, frame rails, fender panels, trunk panels, etc. etc. etc.
If SWMBO knew about this, she'd have me cleaning the house a lot more often..... so SHHHHHHH! :shaking:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah that would drive me crazy.... I just had to do it or think about it over the next several months... My wife was like you had everything in place,,,,, Yeah but it was not looking good to mix nice clean parts with dingy under carriage...

·
Registered
99 Posts
jfstang said:
Yeah, I can relate about the anal part. Got caught in a little unexpected shower when out with the Stang yesterday. I washed it as soon as I got home, and then this afternoon I was under the car, washing and wiping off the floorboards, axle, diff, frame rails, fender panels, trunk panels, etc. etc. etc.
If SWMBO knew about this, she'd have me cleaning the house a lot more often..... so SHHHHHHH! :shaking:
:roflao: LOL now that's funny!

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
I prefer to think of it as "attention to detail"! ;)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got everything painted tonight. Got the exhaust and rear end back into place. Very productive evening. Back for more on Tuesday evening..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts