Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently installed the beltline weather stripping on my 1965 coupe. It snapped in fine on the doors, but it is loose. The clips do not hold it tight to the door. I do not know the manufacturer of it as I had ordered a few years back and there was no markings on the plastic bags that it was in.
My window on the drivers side will not roll up all of the way now.
I have read some older posts, but wanted to ask what brands others were having good luck with using today, or if there is something that I can do to salvage what I have.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Repops is the best beltline weatherstripping to go with. If it was just in a bag, it probably wasn't a Repops as they come in a long yellow box. They are pricey little devils. Either the clips are bad on them or the holes in your door are worn out and widened from tearing the clips out.

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
6,676 Posts
I bought a set when I picked up my car 8 years ago. They have an ACP sticker on the box. The fit was decent until I installed the rear passenger side. It was 3/4" too short. Looks like they don't sell just rears. Have to buy another set to get one, bummer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts