Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And yes I did a search! I have a new MC to install and instructions say to bench bleed using bleeder screws that attach to the MC itself. Are these really needed? Would it not work without the bleeder screws? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I always just curl a run of brake line from the outlet ports back into the resevoirs, below the fluid level. You just want to keep the piston from sucking air back in.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I've also bench bled master cylinders by simply leaving the plugs in, filling the reservoirs with fluid, and working the piston back and forth (witht he MC in a vise). I know its not the "correct" way, but I've actually had equal success with this way as compared to using loop back lines.

Carl

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
The new master cylinder I just installed instructions say to bleed it with the plugs left in. Thats the way I did it and they turned out fine.

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
I always just curl a run of brake line from the outlet ports back into the resevoirs, below the fluid level. You just want to keep the piston from sucking air back in.
All the master cylinders from the parts stores USED to come with rubber lines and a nipple to do the same thing you are describing. I guess they were too expensive, and that's why they went to the plugs. Gotta save that $0.05. I would have paid the nickle for the nicer bleed lines instead of the plugs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts