Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finaly got to go to the local track with my freind and his street outlaw mustang last night,and what a night! We were running a nitros motor last year with alot of broken parts and very frustraiting.This year he has gone with a Turbo,oh my it is so much nicer.Anyway we took it out last night and the very first pass,he left in high gear(still learning) and ran a tire spinning 5.65 at 125mph(1/8 mile).Brought it back and cooled it down,and went back and while trying to spool the turbo up the trans brake did not hold and launched the car Very hard.IT carried the wheels to mid track,backed off,and hit it again and lifted the front again,got out of shape and hit the rubber cones on the center stripe!(no damage).When we brought it back to the pits the right wheely bar support had completly bent parralel to the bottom!What a wild ride! I am a beleiver in turbos now! The car has gone a legal weight and 10 in.tire,7.70 at 197 on its fourth pass.It was a very fun evening and there were some very nice Mustangs out!FastE ::

·
Registered
506 Posts
Sounds like a cool nite! NO PICS???!!

Where did you guys run 1/8 mile...Sanger?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We went to Redline at Caddo .FastE

·
Registered
466 Posts
what kind of engine is he running with the turbo???

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a 388 windsor(motor sport block),Yates heads,Hogan intake,car ways 3150lbs.FastE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts