Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 1300 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
From what I've read the speed sensitivity really isn't worth it. If you mimicked the vue setup then you would have an assist "curve" for a small SUV, not a classic mustang with whatever steering setup you have. It would take some fiddling to get it to feel right, if you even could. But with a knob, it sounds like most find the sweet spot quickly, then set and forget. I don't have a problem turning a knob for parking lots or freeways or whatever comes in between, I bet I barely ever adjust it once set.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Found one already pulled at a local salvage yard. Is there anything else I should need or look for that they may have taken off the column that I may need? I'm pretty exicited about this. Another question. Say you bought one of those tilt columns from ididit, would this work with that?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Anyone with the ebay controller willing to send me a pic of their instructions via PM? I'd like to see what controls what with the wiring...
A pm so that nobody else can see it? Sharing info is cool.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i keep looking over this document and hoping somehow 3254 can be replaced with the unit.. It will be tight, may require some kind of coupling or adapters but it may work if the long shaft on the vue column is sized down... I really need to get one and start measuring stuff.. this is all in my head but with no power booster i think it could fit

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
Going to go grab this steering wheel this weekend, as well as order that harness on ebay. I was afraid I would have to switch from power to manual steering due to fitment issues, but this looks like it will solve all my steering issues! Please keep us updated on how this install will work.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Thanks for posting the link! Now, anyone able to tell me of that knob could be retrofitted into the cig lighter spot in the 67 ash tray?
... That would be easy depending on how long the shaft of the potentiometer is. If long enough, the easiest way without looking at it would drill a hole in the back of it, pull of the knob, put a washer to go over the front of the lighter, then fit the knob back on.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
i keep looking over this document and hoping somehow 3254 can be replaced with the unit.. It will be tight, may require some kind of coupling or adapters but it may work if the long shaft on the vue column is sized down... I really need to get one and start measuring stuff.. this is all in my head but with no power booster i think it could fit
Here is a pic to give you an idea of the room you have to work with:

I don't have my motor in front of me, but I can throw a tape measure on it tonight.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Here is a pic to give you an idea of the room you have to work with:

I don't have my motor in front of me, but I can throw a tape measure on it tonight.

Looks like a lot less room then i imagined because Didnt expect the end to stick out so much. Mine has a metal sleeve over it so I Would definitely have to cut the long section on the motor quiet a bit if its even possible...

Thanks man! I need to get paid and go down to the pick n pull. It have two VUE's in stock

·
Registered
802 Posts
Thanks for posting the link! Now, anyone able to tell me of that knob could be retrofitted into the cig lighter spot in the 67 ash tray?
Did this to the cigarette knob in my 65 Falcon. Just haven't installed the rest of the EPAS in the car as of yet.

21 - 40 of 1300 Posts