Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
I don't know about the conversion...I have a 1995 Cobra. I use the plain old Ford pads. Much less dust than the other pads I tried and they work great with out needing to warm up. I feel the Ford pad is just right for the way I drive the car, which is to say, "Very Spirited" or " drive it like I stole it". HTH

·
Registered
8,681 Posts
The Yellow Stuff pads are really made for track racing, but bite well on a street car. As far as I know, they should last almost as long as the Green Stuff pads. I know the Green Stuff pads are pretty popular, and when my dusting F150 pads die I'll be getting a set of the Green Stuff 7000 series.

I have no direct experience with them, but the Hawk HPS or Ceramic are supposed to be an excellent set of pads. They are more expensive than the EBC pads.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
I like the linings from Carbo Tech Engineering- they have a web site...used their products for 20+ years on just about everything disc & drum! Typically about 15% better friction than oem, about 50% less dust and a life span of 50,000 miles (disc) with no rotor damage. They have a variety of linings for specific usage- a brief consult is always required with them. Excellent service and prices run about $120 a set

·
Registered
540 Posts
My experience with the Hawk HPS pads was not favorable. Lots of dust, and poor performance when cold. This was on my daily driver 1995 Cobra, so YMMV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts