Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1965 K code Convertible
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the top on my 65 K code and want to get the best one available.
Kee, EZ-on and Robins seem to be the choices available
Any opinions on a concours type replacement ?
The EZ-on mentions the brass zipper...

·
Registered
407 Posts
I put a white EZ-on on mine 9 years ago, I'm very happy with it, it still looks brand new, but I take good care of it. It was very easy to install, they conveniently mark all the center lines and mark where the rear tack strips should be. I called them for some technical advise and they just could not have been more pleasant to deal with.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Another thumbs up for EZ-On. Installed mine myself about 10 years ago and it still looks great.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Going to need to do the same for my 67 soon. Just checked out EZ-On, which material did you guys go with?

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I used a Robbins top 18 years ago on my 67 vert with split rear window. still looks great. Note car not left parked outside.

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
I ordered mine from NPD, it's the 36 oz Haartz Pin-point vinyl in white.
I’ve replaced several 94-98 tops with Robbins tops. Been happy with the quality. Wish they lasted longer, but sitting in the sun in FL anything over 5 years is bonus time for a top.

For my 68, I bought the Haartz Pin-Point white vinyl as well. Haven’t put it on yet, so jury is still out.

·
Registered
'66 Convertible 200/c4 Vintage Inline Headers with Arvinode Duals
593 Posts
Another vote for Robins. Granted I had a shop install it but it still looks new after most of ten years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts