Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my brand new vinyl top has started tearing the stitching and wearing a small hole right behind the passenger rear window due to installer error. Looks like he will be replacing it. When I first purchased the top I did not spend a lot of time researching. Not even sure what I bought 5 years ago, maybe a Robbins? Anyhow looking for recommendations on a high quality white top for a 1966 convertible. Any suggestions?

<style></style><style></style><style></style>

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've got white Rollins tops on both a '68 and '70 convert. I rotate driving them daily and it's a chore to keep the white top semi clean, neither car is kept in the garage. I prefer the look of white to black and pay the price for it ;). The tops were put on by two different installers, the 68 had the stitching popping after the second year, the 70 has held up better. These are both 8 years old by now. Installer error or different batches of thread, who knows. I'm tempted to go with one of the canvas tops next time.
I'd like to see what others chime in on this subject.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hands down Electron. I have one of their Haartz cloth tops and it looks as good today as when it was put on many years ago.
Most new convertibles these days have cloth tops, far better than plastic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts