Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... planning to convert my front drums to disc. Anyone have a preference of one company over another?
best product? best price?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I expected to hear that from alot of people. I am actually on the baer site right now also...

·
Registered
952 Posts
For price I like the Wilwood kit. It is working great for me.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
For price and quality I chose SSBC, I did a lot of research and came to the conclusion that I could get the same or better SSBC kit for cheaper than the BAER or Wilwood kits. I recently got the a-120-2 super duty/cobra front drum to disc nonpower kit for my 65-66. i am really impressed with the quality of the parts and the completeness of the kit, it's got EVERYTHING in there! I got em from www.mustangdepot.com they have the cheapest prices, and I would recommend upgrading to the powdercoated calipers if you have open type wheels. The regular calipers were ugly unfinished cast aluminum and I ended up sending em back to get em powdercoated so they look decent. good luck.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
AP Racing and PBR come to my mind when you ask for best in brakes. Not cheap and a bit of work also but you can have 14" disc and six piston calipers on the shelf.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I don't know how good they are but Rods And Customs Motors has a set of disc brakes for like $299-$349. Here's the page This is obviously the best priced disc brakes.

-Chris

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was in the same boat a month ago and looked at just about every system out there and talked to an owner of just about every system.....long story short...i'm saving up for my Baer Track System up front and Baer Touring out rear @2K.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
7,990 Posts

·
Registered
7,990 Posts

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
You will be VERY pleased. There are things I have spent a lot of money on for my car and wondered later if I got my $$$ worth. I've never asked myself this about the Baer setup.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
If this conversion is for the 65 Pro Street 302 with EFI setup you are doing, I'd go Baer of Wildwood. If for a regular old driver or occasional show car (like mine), you can't beat the SSBC kit for price and quality.

·
Registered
412 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts