Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new pickup truck and I want to apply a bed liner. After painting my Mustang, I think I have everything I need to do it myself. Based on posts here and elsewhere, it seems the U-Pol Raptor stuff is the best option. Is this still the case?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Make sure the area you want covered is well scuffed or it may lift after awhile. Use 320 grit on a DA to get rid of the OEM gloss, don't go down to bare metal. Amazon usually has the best prices on Raptor kits.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts

I know you're doing a DIY. I would have never bought a truck and paid for the factory spray in liner option but it was already on the new F250 I bought in December. Now I probably won't ever buy one without it. It's a $595 option, but look how thick it is. Our local truck accessories shops don't spray any where near this...

Allen

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
After helping a buddy do his, I'll pay what ever it cost to have it done. Iirc his total savings DIY was very close to the quotes he got to have it done.

·
Registered
9,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A factory bed liner would have been nice, but the truck I bought didn't have it. I'll do some research about local prices. My concern would be paying good money only to have Beavis and Butthead do a lousy job.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I really like Upol myself but went with DualLiner on my F150. It uses a a skid resistant rubber line on the bed bottom and tough plastic inserts on the sides. Fairly quick install. I like being able to set a tool box inside and having it stay where I put it. Also nice when hauling stuff with the tailgate down. Stuff isn't as likely to want to scoot out the back. Also isn't just impact resistant, impact absorbing.

Paired with UnderCover cover and it is pretty nice package. I can carry tool box,cooler etc every day or fold it open to haul my ATV.

·
Registered
9,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really like Upol myself but went with DualLiner on my F150. It uses a a skid resistant rubber line on the bed bottom and tough plastic inserts on the sides. Fairly quick install. I like being able to set a tool box inside and having it stay where I put it. Also nice when hauling stuff with the tailgate down. Stuff isn't as likely to want to scoot out the back. Also isn't just impact resistant, impact absorbing.

Paired with UnderCover cover and it is pretty nice package. I can carry tool box,cooler etc every day or fold it open to haul my ATV.

Well, now I have to admit my truck isn't a Ford. It's a Jeep Gladiator and DualLiner doesn't make a liner for that truck. OK, let the comments fly... :)

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Well, now I have to admit my truck isn't a Ford. It's a Jeep Gladiator and DualLiner doesn't make a liner for that truck. OK, let the comments fly... :)
lol.....OK, back to Upol then

1 - 12 of 12 Posts