Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read several negative comments about the Holley fuel pump that comes with the Holley Sniper Kit. Primarily, it it is not mounted inside the gas tank it is very noisy. From those of you that have a Sniper, what did you use for an electric fuel pump?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm buying the unit that comes with the tank - but it's cheaper if you buy it separate.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've got the Holley returnless in tank pump that mounts in the stock location feeding my FiTech. Works great so far.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I have the holley terminator and before that the Ford 5.0 comb-over, so keep that in mind if the sniper has differnt requirments. I am using the Walbro GSC394. I have it mounted just before the gas tank with the supply & return line in the sending unit. The ONLY time I hear the pump is for 30 sec when I turn on the key to prime it.
IMG_2229.JPG IMG_2235.JPG

·
Registered
161 Posts
Holley part #12-305 is a retunless in tank EFI pump with fuel gauge sender with built in fuel pressure regulator that fits in place of original fuel sender of original style 1964-1970 Mustang gas tank.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Holley part #12-305 is a retunless in tank EFI pump with fuel gauge sender with built in fuel pressure regulator that fits in place of original fuel sender of original style 1964-1970 Mustang gas tank.
I would call Holley before assuming that will work with Sniper... or any high performance EFI system. According to the SPECS it has a 5/16 outlet. Almost every aftermarket EFI calls for 3/8" (AN-6) fuel line. For an amateur like me, the whole thing looks very troublesome. OEM Tank Hanger Instructions 12-305 – 1964-1970 Mustang At least a pump mounted to the body is easily replaced.

·
Registered
49 Posts
T
I would call Holley before assuming that will work with Sniper... or any high performance EFI system. According to the SPECS it has a 5/16 outlet. Almost every aftermarket EFI calls for 3/8" (AN-6) fuel line. For an amateur like me, the whole thing looks very troublesome. OEM Tank Hanger Instructions 12-305 – 1964-1970 Mustang At least a pump mounted to the body is easily replaced.
That's the exact pump I'm using with my Fitech. I did replace my hardline with 3/8" stainless prior to switching to EFI but I have not had any issues so far and had logged roughly 2500 miles over 3+ months before stashing her away for the winter. Others on the site are using it as well. One person I believe had an issue with the level sender going bad but the pump itself was not affected.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have been using that pump for Sniper EFI 2300 I installed on one of my 69s for about 5 months. The diameter of the outlet at the end up to the second swaged area is 5/16 inches, but the second swage towards the mounting flange and the rest of the tube all the way to the pump is 3/8. To mate the unit to my factory 3/8 lines, I cut the end of the unit that is 5/16 just before the second swage and now I have a 3/8 outlet mated to my factory 3/8 hardline with 3/8 rubber hose.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Too bad they didnt have that out when I did mine.
It even comes with the hydramat. I paid 1/2 that price for that alone.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Rock Auto sells a Spectra EFI fuel tank and it comes with a built-in 340 LPH fuel pump. The feed and return are under the car so inside the trunk there are no hoses or fittings like some aftermarket systems. It's super affordable, especially if you time the sale just right. I am running this with my Sniper set-up. Very quiet pump, drops right into the car and includes the sending unit too. Here is the link: More Information for SPECTRA PREMIUM F28AFI

·
Registered
840 Posts
I'm running the spectra EFI tank with my sniper. I bought a 3/8ths hardline from classic tube as the feed and run the stock 5/16ths line as a return. Fuel pressure is nice and steady at 60psi! Easiest setup ever!

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Over in the DSM world we've been using the Walboro 255 LPH HP pump for decades on everything from 300hp on up to 600hp on pump gas. AEM has a similar 340 LPH pump that is good and Walboro now makes giant pumps used in the Helcat if you need a single pump to make big power on pump or E85. Vintage Mustang guys are now just getting into EFI because of the kits available. But others have been doing it, and making big power, forever. Don't reinvent the wheel. Walboro and AEM pumps should drop right into the Spectra tank.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts