Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
White Elephant Guy
12,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than NOS, who makes the best replacement sheet metal for the engine compartment area? I'm going to need to replace the forward fender aprons and the radiator support at least. :( Looking through my catalogs they're all reasonably priced, but I was wondering which ones were higher quality and/or fit better from all of your infinite wisdom ::

Thanks guys and gals

·
Registered
170 Posts
I bought a fender apron and radiator support from Mustangs Unlimited and had good luck with it. Since I purchased it I think one of the vendors now carries a thicker gauge radiator support. It might be NPD. I am not sure.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Give Matt at Ponderosa a call. He is a member on this site and has always been extremely helpful. I've ordered from him a few times and have been satisfied. He advertises on here as well.
He installs the stuff too so he knows from trial and error what is the "better" stuff .
Seen many posts here on people who bought from him and were extremely happy with the parts .

·
Registered
446 Posts
I bought mine from NPD I had a choice at American made or foreign. I went foreign. It was heavier grade metal and it was made in Canada.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
i went with the battery apron from CJ Pony Parts. it fit very nicely with almost no tweaking. im used them for the other aprons as well although i havent started to install them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts