Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years ago a local Ingle's was converted into the Milltown Music Hall. Went last night to see Chuck Lavelle. What a great show. He's toured with Eric Clapton, George Harrison, the Stones and the Allman Brothers. He played Tumblin' Dice, Honky Tonk Women, Jessica, Southbound, Please Come Home for Christmas, Dead Flowers etc. Just a great show.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Chuck told a story about calling a utility company. The service rep asked if he was "the" Chuck Lavelle. He answered in the affirmative. She told him what a fan she was of the Clapton "Unplugged" album (in which Chuck is featured) and that her 6-year old son liked the song Alberta that was on it too.
He was a little confused as to why a 6-year old would like that song so he asked her why her son liked that song in particular.
She said because at the end of the tune, Clapton says his name...which the son heard as "chocolate milk"!!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I, too, am a fan of Clapton and Lavelle. Saw them live in Birmingham years ago.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
clapton? my guitar of choice

·
Dimples
3,757 Posts
Hah! I and my daughter both love that album, and we've joked about what Clapton was saying at the end of that song. I knew what it was, but it was still a fun game. Great story!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts