Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My painter has this stuff:
Liquid Bottle Solution Fluid Ingredient

I used it to remove the windshield bedding compound. Also used it to remove any of that 3M strip caulk. This stuff is awesome. It removes any and all adhesive. Use it sparingly, $75.00 for that bottle.

·
Premium Member
7,769 Posts
Ouch!
I use some kerosene or WD-40. Maybe $7.50.

Reactions: FrankieThe69Kid

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
3M has an adhesive cleaner that's good. Also, Acetone can be used, dependent, on the surface material.

·
Registered
‘69 Cougar convertible resto mod
139 Posts
Denatured alcohol is also a good adhesive remover. Does a great job on pine tree sap too even after it’s gotten hard.

·
Premium Member
5,702 Posts
Brake cleaner.

·
Registered
910 Posts
3M has an adhesive cleaner that's good. Also, Acetone can be used, dependent, on the surface material.
To the OP: 3M has several adhesive removers. I learned (too late) that some are more paint-friendly than others. It definitely removed the adhesive.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
The term is use too....... yeah, I still have a can of the original but the new stuff, waterbased, and I don't think it could remove scotch tape residue!

·
Registered
692 Posts
I swear by 3M adhesive cleaner.

PPG DX330 is another good one. Very paint-safe.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DX330 is also good. The Auto Tech stuff is good on any surface. Didn't effect the paint at all. That LMR price is great.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Mach1 Driver beat me to it. LMR seems to have the best price online for the stuff. I use to get it from a plexiglass vendor locally, but they stopped carrying it. Its the best stuff I’ve used to clean plexiglass surfaces and stubborn sticky adhesive residue. Other than the smell, the stuff is great.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I kind of like the smell.😄

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Most of the "paint-safe" removers are kerosene-based. Acetone, lacquer thinner, and denatured alcohol will eat paint.
Alcohol can be used on a factory paint job. Anything else, other than bare metal, you'll be sorry.
I use kerosene.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts