Vintage Mustang Forums banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
The only reason I bumped it was because it was among my favorite threads. It's difficult to choose between the two; they both fit a particular niche and look great in their own way.

P

·
0 Posts
Just as bad as . .what color should I paint my car? Should I put stripes on my car? Which girl friend should I marry? . .etc

·
Administrator
12,999 Posts
Contrary to what others say, it's OK to ask questions. .
Stan

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Kinda like choosing between supermodels isn't it?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Just as bad as . .what color should I paint my car? Should I put stripes on my car? Which girl friend should I marry? . .etc
White. No. Neither, you can do better.

I've got plenty of answers. I can't guarantee they'll be correct or that you'll like them.

·
Premium Member
9,900 Posts
What are the first vin numbers of the 65 fastbacks please. I was told mine was one of the first off the line. Its a k code. Thanks. Bill
Newbie bump! Figures

But to a answer the question, the poll is incomplete, and the answer isn't an option.
The 2+2 (Fastback) didn't begin production until the August, 1964 changeover. The factories usually shut down for a couple of weeks at the end of July or first of August to change over to the next year model. Since there was no "official" changeover because they were already building the 1965 Mustang the changeover consisted of many small things and the biggest was the change to an alternator from a generator. There were no generator equipped Fastbacks.
If you sign up at: In Search of Mustangs > Home you can search for the earliest reported Fastback at each of the 3 Mustang assembly plants. According to the door data tag, my early San Jose '65 Fastback was scheduled to be built on September 23 and the VIN is 5R09C139711.

As stated by sportsroof69, Ford destroyed all production records prior to the 1967 model year vehicles so nobody knows which was the first '65 Fastback built.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
The first San Jose built fastback was 5F09K125001 with scheduled build date code of 20H -- Dean

81 - 90 of 90 Posts