Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there :)
I'm living in Norway, and shipping of parts can sometimes get expencive, especially when we're talking about many large parts. Therefore I got thinking, why not just buy a somewhat complete car that I can take the parts from?
Currently I have a '67 Coupe with a 289, c4 and an 8" in the back.

The parts I'm interested in, is a roller motor (for a future build, hope/guesstimate of 350-400hp), a t5 that handles 3-400hp, perhaps a 8,8, and front seats that don't look out of place in my '67, that's what I could think of right now.

If I do this, I might get some alu heads ++ installed before shipping it overseas.

So then, my question; what mustang would fit this description, somewhere around 1990?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Sounds like an '87-'93 GT would fit your needs for this, lots of folks have put the "fox-body" Mustang seats into vintage Mustangs, and these years all have roller motors and T5s I believe, but I think you'd be better off using a conventional 9" read end in your '67.....

·
Registered
839 Posts
I know first hand how expensive the shipping is outside the USA. A few years back I sold an NOS front valance to a gentleman in Switzerland. He paid me upfront but asked me not to ship for awhile. He was searching for other body parts and asked if I would accept delivery on other others items and then ship all together in one package. I helped him out and waited a number of months till he found what he needed and got them to me. I originally got a price to ship just the valance he bought from me which was $325.00. The other items, including a rear valance, came to a total of only $25.00 more. So he was wise in asking for my assistance.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
The stock 8" rear can handle the power no problem. Spending $800 for a rear trac lok set up for your gearing will be a great upgrade. Keep in mind, the 9" is a heavier set up as well. If you can find a good 9" housing with the proper gears and width, then it's a different story... grab it if the price is right. I think many people discredit the 8"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts