Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, does anyone know of a good place that sells MSD parts for fairly cheap? Also, can anyone throw out their opinion of MSD's Billet Dizzy if anyone has it, and MSD's 6a box. Also, is MSD really any better than Mallory or Accel? Thanks again

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have the MSD distributor, coil and 6AL box in my car and it's awesome. The advance is easy to set and control. I got the parts at Summit Racing and found them to be as cheap as anyone else.

·
Premium Member
11,702 Posts
MSD is great stuff. Everybody and his cousin installs the 6-AL, but in my opinion the Digital-6-Plus is a better solution.

MSD and cheap are pretty much mutually exclusive. Summit and Jegs both carry MSD and the prices are close. There are probably places you can get them for less, but I don't know them off the top of my head.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just installed one last weekend. What a diffrence. One crank and the engine fires right up. No pinging at high RPM's. I even put a petronix under the distributor. Summit has an average price on it. Look at shipping costs if you go somewhere else.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am running all MSD stuff and am quite satisfied. Mechanical advance MSD Pro-Billet distributor, MSD 6AL, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 8.5MM wires. Summit and Jeg's, as mentioned, seem to be two of the best places but these things are not cheap. I will say that MSD stood behind a 6AL box that I probably fried myself by hooking it up wrong. They sent me a brand new replacement at no charge.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found great deals on e-hay. I bought a basicly brand new 6AL for $156.00, which normally goes upwards of 200 clams. You just have to be careful and ask questions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts