Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 17" Eleanor chrome wheels on my 1969 Mach 1... I want to sell these and get a set of magnum 500's... So who has the best price on magnums 500's and what is the widest tire I can fit on the back? I was thinking of just doing 235/60... And somethig a inch smaller in front... Anyway best price on magnum 500's?

Anyone wants to trade for 17" Eleanor chrome wheels let me know less that 2000 miles on them with tires ( hankooks) thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm curious also, where is the best place to buy magnums? I've heard that there are varying quality of wheels and that some are real prone to rusting.
I'm looking for 15's to put on my 70 coupe.

·
Registered
21 Posts
im looking to get magnums on my 70 coupe too, cj pony parts has a great price on magnum 500 kits check em out because im thinking about 15/7 too, should i stagger them maybe 15/7 in back and 15/6 in front, what tires would you wrap them in to prevent rubbing but look nice and fill the wheel well

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Magnums

im looking to get magnums on my 70 coupe too, cj pony parts has a great price on magnum 500 kits check em out because im thinking about 15/7 too, should i stagger them maybe 15/7 in back and 15/6 in front, what tires would you wrap them in to prevent rubbing but look nice and fill the wheel well
I got my Magnums from Home page I got the 17 inch ones and am running 245/45/17 Nitto extremes all the way around. The ride is really nice and the car handles alot better with the extra footprint on the ground....no rubbing issues. Just my 2 cents.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
69Machwon169-

I'm considering a set of Eleanor wheels for my 70 Mach 1. When you decide to sell your wheels can you please let me know what you're asking, and where you're located?

Thanks,
Jerry in Michigan

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have a set of 17" Eleanor chrome wheels on my 1969 Mach 1... I want to sell these and get a set of magnum 500's... So who has the best price on magnums 500's and what is the widest tire I can fit on the back? I was thinking of just doing 235/60... And somethig a inch smaller in front... Anyway best price on magnum 500's?

Anyone wants to trade for 17" Eleanor chrome wheels let me know less that 2000 miles on them with tires ( hankooks) thanks
I got a catalog from coker tires at the Charlotte Auto Fair this past weekend. They have Mag 500's from 14x6's up to 17x8's, and I beleive they have a 15x10 as well. The prices are anywhere from 152 to 314.

This is there site.

G'luck!
Dave

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Best pricing for Magnums was Summit Racing of all places. 15x7 was like $132 If i recall.
I'm looking for a set for my '73 convertible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts