Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
In the Fastback, I mounted the 6AL box horizontally, immediately below the windshield washer bag on the left front fender apron.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
I mounted mine beside the passenger side headlight between the radiator and grill on a 72 Mach1. I know it sticks out like a sore thumb but the wiring was so easy. If you drive in rain at all I would not recommend this spot because it could get wet. Other areas I considered were behind the air cleaner on the firewall, on a shock tower, or underneith the washer fluid bottle. I have heard of people mounting them inside the car too. Cool, dry and as little vibration as possible is what you want. Make sure it can breath too, do not put it in a enclosed space.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
I have a 1 wire alternator that is internally regulated so i mounted mine where the old voltage regulator would be on the back of the radiator support... its nearly invisible

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I mounted mine the same place Corey did. You can see the top of it in the bottom corner of the engine pic on my page.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I run Mallory ignition, but my Hy-Fire box is basically the same thing as the MSD box. I mounted mine in the glove box. A few too many car washes seemed to reek havoc on it.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
How about the top of the hood! That'll keep it cool! Drill a nice big hole to run the wires through, bondo a scoop around it, kind of in the "Hood tach" position. Come on, you know I'm just kidding around!

It's got to go on the top of the fender.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
OK, my secret hiding spot is on the side of my front right side bumper bracket. Not many people would guess that I am running a 6AL Box in my Shelby.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I made a bracket that mounts between the hood latch and the top of the radiator support. The box is mounted behind the hood latch and hangs in front of the radiator, it is nearly invisible. I have the template if you want to use it, I can fax it to you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts