the T in the vin refers to the place it was built
T= metuchen
F=dearborn
R=san Jose
Dave

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Close but no cigar. What 76BKGT says is true, but in my case I am referring to the paint code. T in 70 is "Medium Red". Built 09/26/69 in the Dearborn Plant. 0F02G109403
The 505 is total red cars from both Plants.
Quite a few more than 505 were built in Metuchen. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry `bout` that,totaly forgot about the paint code duhhhhhhh
i guess i should look at the pic next time
Dave

·
Registered
209 Posts
HAVE SOLD SEVERAL MUSTANGS LATELY AND HAVE HAD THE BEST RESULTS ON . NOT SO MANY TIRE KICKERS AND MOSTLY REAL BIDDERS. JUST SOLD A 68 SHELBY . PLEASE FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE PAGE SO WE GET TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND WHERE YOU ARE LOCATED. I LIKE YOUR USER NAME .
GOOD LUCK . SPECIALK
65 K FASTBACK
68 GT 500

·
Registered
466 Posts
Sell it to me....
I would be interested in details on the car / photos...

Please send to:

[email protected]

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
While you've received excellent sales advice, I would also suggest that you contact your local Mustang club (or other car club if none are in your area) and have them refer you to a professional vintage/antique vehicle appraiser.

You may or may not know it but you have a very desireable and somewhat rare vehicle there (based on your description) and a professional can verify its pedigree and provide you with a market value guide so as to effect a fair return upon sale.

I am currently in the market for such a car, although your K-coder is likely out of my price range...

If I could just find someone to buy the race car....*G*

Anyway, best of luck on your sale!

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
How about http://www.collectorcartraderonline.com/ ?

Yes, excellent choice...

I've been shopping for RV's there for a number of years and found it to be an excellent resource...the important thing is exposure and the site and all its permutations (for different vehicle types) has that in spades...

Our favorite auction site would have equal consideration, IMO...although unsuccessful (lots of interest, just no one wanting it bad enough), I considered the offerings of my race car there to be much better there than anywhere else I tried...

·
Registered
55 Posts
a few of the most popular site have been mentioned.

having posted ads on all those, one comes to mind which seems to produce more interest pound for pound...

greatvehicles.com

http://www.selectmotors.net/images/vette/musclv.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts