Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
White Elephant Guy
12,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed Matt at Ponderosa about replacement sheet metal for my engine compartment and he was very quick to reply

...I have had very good success with the import repro inner fender panels.Some of the other stuff looks and fits like crap.As for the rad supt,the import repro is complete crap.Its thin and not worth a flip.Let me check with my supplier on a NOS or new style repro that is a thcker metal...
Does anyone know of a good repro radiator support? I don't want to stick a wimpy piece of tin foil up there...

·
Registered
768 Posts
The new Dynacorn core support looks very nice. They have improved the thickness of the metal and the support also includes the crossmember now.
www.dynacorn.com
I have not had a chance to install one yet, feedback from anyone else?

·
Registered
768 Posts
check the dealer link on the main page, Im sure someone in your neck of the woods stocks it
Phil

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I bought the improved rad. support from NPD, which I suppose is the Dynacorn piece pictured above. It gets here Wednesday, so I'll post my findings.

My other car came with a forigen repop, and it is a true piece of shat. I poked it wrong and it folded the top completely over, so I bent it back WITH MY FINGERS. :horror:
HTH
--Kyle

·
Registered
408 Posts
Kyle,
Our source is the same as Dynacorns'. The original imported core support was 0.8mm thick metal, the new one is 1.0mm and includes the front support. The difference in thickness is VERY noticeable. It doesn't have the wimpy feel to it. Improved front and rear valances are just becoming available as are radiator supports for 67-68.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I installed the new thicker radiator support from NPD in my 1965 fastback. It came with the crossmember already attached and it worked great. Very nice piece, much stronger & fit with no problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts