Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Although the GT/CS is much more rare, and the fact that I own a GT/CS I would still vote for you to get the fastback.
The price of a GT/CS will probably never reach that of a fastback, at not least in the near future.

Of course if you want something different then get the GT/CS, although many people will think it is just a copupe.

A GT/CS can be faked, a fastback cannot....

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ooh, Tough one! I had a J code GT/CS and a black 68 390 GT Fastback at one time. Is one an auto and the other a 4sp? I would go with a 4sp GT/CS over an automatic GT Fastback, or vis-versa. With everything being TOTALLY equal though I would probably steer more towards the GT Fastback.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I'd go fastback.

But I'm totally biased. 68 fastback is my favorite car ... pretty much overall. (within the reality scope, which excludes the 1 of 33 shelbys type cars).

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I'm a big fan of both types.
It's too bad they didn't make a GT Fastback C/S isn't it?

G

·
is there a link here to show between the two or are you just asking in general? sorry im a newby but wanted to make sure. i have a 68 fastback gt and i look at all the suckers in others and smirk....they just wish they had what I got. but thats just me.

·
Administrator
19,546 Posts
It's too bad they didn't make a GT Fastback C/S isn't it?
But that's what Trouble is! ::

G

·
I`l be odd man out,
id go with the 4 spd 390 GT/CS as you can get a fastback 390 car fairly easy
if you want one
but any 390 GT/CS is rare,let alone a 4 spd one and a heck of a lot more unique
it depends what you like more, rare/production #, or the popular cars and max doller value
Dave

·
Registered
558 Posts
Dave,

I have come to the conclusion that you are trying to kill me. So far you are doing a great job of it. If you fiber fab that 350 we will part ways.... ::

The fact that I need help is both a well know fact, especially to my wife, and also beside the point!!

Take care Dave.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts