Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
9,021 Posts

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Wow....maybe I should raise my prices :)
And that price is only for one seat!

I had a almost new '67 in 1968 and I'm the same height and almost the same weight, (well about 20 lbs more) but I remember fitting fine in there without any extenders.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone know if Steve still makes and sells the seat track extenders? I am new here and working on a 66 GT coupe and not quite sure how to PM him thru VMF. Steve, if you read this I am most likely interested if the price is right.... Thanks George, NCPONYGT

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Does anyone know if Steve still makes and sells the seat track extenders? I am new here and working on a 66 GT coupe and not quite sure how to PM him thru VMF. Steve, if you read this I am most likely interested if the price is right.... Thanks George, NCPONYGT
PM sent George--thanks.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Another shout out to Rebel Racing. Just received mine. A QUALITY product at a fair price. Although I have not yet installed them I am confident they will fit well. Made it well worth saving my time of fabricating my own.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Just saw this thread and will connect with RR. Being tall in a classic is no fun.
I really shouldn't post and help bring such an old thread back, but I just cant help myself. Being tall in a classic isn't the problem...its being tall in general. Personally while replacing the floorpans, I cut the risers down by 1.5" for more headroom and leg-to-steering wheel room, in addition I also went with a smaller 14" steering wheel. I will being doing some type of seat rail modification to finish it out, whether extenders, or modified rails I dont know yet.

Question for Rebel Racing on this: I am concerned that sliding the seat back so far beyond stock will cause metal fatigue in the seat risers and/or rails(for example, I weigh in at a not-light 230lbs being 6'3"...and if that weight is suspended in the air via seat rail extenders I would expect fatigue on the risers(particularly the front holes) or extenders. Is there any justification for this? Or is it just in my head?

·
Registered
979 Posts
I am 6'6 and wanted/needed more than 2" so I designed my own tracks and welded tabs on the back of the seat pan to eliminate the overhang concerns. My tracks did require some mods to the stock seat tracks to keep them low profile (knocked out existing studs and replaced with different hardware)

Seat Track.JPG

Seat Track 1.JPG

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I am 6'6 and wanted/needed more than 2" so I designed my own tracks and welded tabs on the back of the seat pan to eliminate the overhang concerns. My tracks did require some mods to the stock seat tracks to keep them low profile (knocked out existing studs and replaced with different hardware)

View attachment 714792

View attachment 714794
That's a good solution, any pictures with the carpet installed yet?

·
Registered
979 Posts
That's a good solution, any pictures with the carpet installed yet?
Still no interior yet. I had not given carpet any thought when I added these, but it is a good point and I am handy with a razor blade :wink:

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
3,520 Posts
Would love to see more pictures

View attachment 714792

View attachment 714794
Tracks, hardware, anything. This is good stuff...

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
I really shouldn't post and help bring such an old thread back, but I just cant help myself. Being tall in a classic isn't the problem...its being tall in general. Personally while replacing the floorpans, I cut the risers down by 1.5" for more headroom and leg-to-steering wheel room, in addition I also went with a smaller 14" steering wheel. I will being doing some type of seat rail modification to finish it out, whether extenders, or modified rails I dont know yet.

Question for Rebel Racing on this: I am concerned that sliding the seat back so far beyond stock will cause metal fatigue in the seat risers and/or rails(for example, I weigh in at a not-light 230lbs being 6'3"...and if that weight is suspended in the air via seat rail extenders I would expect fatigue on the risers(particularly the front holes) or extenders. Is there any justification for this? Or is it just in my head?
Hi Wicked,

In the entire time I have been making them, I have never heard a concern about what you are talking about. Now NPD and Cj's are making a (seemingly direct copy of mine), I would think that they are not concerned with that. The rear studs are slightly suspended but even if the rails did flex, the studs would touch the floor and take the weight. As with any non factory mod, I always recommend to occasionally check them and if EVER you feel ther is a problem, contact me for a replacement or a full refund. Having said that, the only return I have ever had was one that moved the seat too far back so that his Wife could not drive the car--and of course, I refunded his $$. Hope that helps. Steve,

21 - 39 of 39 Posts