Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a nice set of black leather Maxima seats that I want to try to adapt to my 66. They're in great shape, but there are some spots that are a bit faded and scuffed, and the leather's looking slightly dried out in places. What's the best stuff to use to die or touch up the faded/scuffed areas? What's a good leather treatment to use tio spruce up the whole seats? Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
Try the products from a company called Leatherique. http://www.leatherique.com/ It's not cheap..around $125 for the kit, which is a club price. It works really well. I reconditioned , softened and redyed a set of burgundy leather seats to black and they look almost new.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
I used black shoe polish on my leather jacket when it was scuffed . . . Of course I don't sit on my jacket either. (LOL). The traditional conditioner is saddle soap. Maguieres also makes a leather cleaner and also a leather conditioner. Their products are traditionally very good. I used the leather care products on my vinyl and it did a good job. A good tack shop that sells saddles and harness for horses would also have great leather care products.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I use a Meguiar's product called Back to Black (or is that Mother's?) Anyway, it works GRRREAT on my vinyl, and it swears it will work as well on leather!

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
If the scuffs are not too big, I'd be tempted to try some dye on them..after all, black is black, so no matching is necessary! You can get "edge dye" at most shoe shops. I use it around the edges of my leather soled dress shoes when polishing, and it covers well.

After that, "Lexol" is a great leather softener and conditioner. Dickson

1 - 5 of 5 Posts